4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Test fit spoiler (pic) Should I keep?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

Default Test fit spoiler (pic) Should I keep?

Saleen really does have some issues with quality control [:@]

What do you think, does it look good enough to put in a little effort to make it work? [&:]

Old 11-29-2005, 07:56 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Test fit spoiler (pic) Should I keep?

i have the same one. i love it.......i think it makes the car look more sleek and a little longer.

the only problem i've had with it is the drivers side corner where it comes down over the quarter panel touches when it's cold and has rubbed a spot of paintpractically down to the metal.......but i think that's because it was installed incorrectly because there is tons of space on the other side.

but i think it's the best looking spoiler there is for them.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:59 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Definitely.........VERY HIGH on the coolness factor.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

So you went with the S281 wing. its not bad. I dont like the look of the third brake light in the back with it on, and I dont like how it looks on the sides, it looks incomplete, just stuck on there. Well its nice its just hard to picture it painted. Sometimes I see them on mustangs and they look good other times I dont like them.

I purchased a saleen bumper from saleen. When I got it, I thought I got one from an aftermarket company. It was crap. The fit and finish on it was terrible, it doesnt line up right, the body shop spent 4 hours just prepping it before pain and it still doesnt look right. I called saleen, I told them about it and they basiclly said to bad, thats how they all are. I will never ever buy anything from saleen again, atleast body parts. I could have gotten a better peice from an aftermarket company for the whole kit for the price of the front bumper.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nathansmith50

i have the same one. i love it.......i think it makes the car look more sleek and a little longer.

the only problem i've had with it is the drivers side corner where it comes down over the quarter panel touches when it's cold and has rubbed a spot of paintpractically down to the metal.......but i think that's because it was installed incorrectly because there is tons of space on the other side.

but i think it's the best looking spoiler there is for them.
That's the major problem with this one too..
It was cold and wet and it was real tight on that side too, even with the spoiler as far to that side as it would go..
I was wondering If I could trim it from trunk height in a nice arc down towards the back to get rid of that part, or just epoxy some felt or something under the spoiler to try to keep it from rubbing..
I wish it sat better on the quarters too [&o]
Old 11-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Did you buy that from Saleen or is that reproduction?
Old 11-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

It's a real Saleen spoiler, not a reproduction..

Saleen is moulded into the bottom of the spoiler and the LED 3rd brake light also says Saleen
Old 11-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

This is not the direction I was going to go with my car, but I got a good deal on the wheels (Not what I wanted) I got the hood from a friend (Not what I wanted) and I got the spoiler from another friend (once again...not what I wanted )

That's why I'm so up in the air on the looks..it's not what I wanted and I'm not sure if I like it or not....I could go either way
Old 11-30-2005, 08:49 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT
Definitely.........VERY HIGH on the coolness factor.

^^^^^^^+1

And If you decide that you do not want it let me know a price I would really like to have it to make my stang STAND OUT!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:19 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue70

That's the major problem with this one too..
It was cold and wet and it was real tight on that side too, even with the spoiler as far to that side as it would go..
I was wondering If I could trim it from trunk height in a nice arc down towards the back to get rid of that part, or just epoxy some felt or something under the spoiler to try to keep it from rubbing..
I wish it sat better on the quarters too [&o]
no no no.....it will still rub the paint off.......i know because that's what the dude who had it before me did.

before you get it painted take a grinder and grind an 1/8 inch off of the inside of both sides. and have a body shop install it......one that guarantees their work so if it does mess up the paint you're covered.

i still say it's the coolest spoiler for the mustang that there is.

Quick Reply: Test fit spoiler (pic) Should I keep?