4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Built for Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 09:07 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Built for Show

i dont see this a lot buy ive always liked it
its the cirvinis stalker body kit

[IMG]local://upfiles/19975/09BE142F2360476B9CC9817A9B1C1166.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-07-2005, 09:09 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

i consider myself an enthusiast......and i don't see anything at all wrong with mixing and matching as long as the parts look good together.

personally i think the roush front end looks absolutely terrible......but the side skirts are the coolest ones going.

bottom line is do what you think looks good.......a big part of a show car's appeal is personal style.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:27 PM
yeayea0
2nd Gear Member

rims....body kit....hood.....spoiler
any nice chrome 18"....cervini's stalker or roush.....cobra r......anything not stock lol

That's just my preference, just something to look at
Old 12-07-2005, 09:58 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea thats what Ive always felt. You can do whatever you want as long as it looks good and is not pored out and accessoried out that its "rice."

So thats good, mixing and matching is fine as long as it looks nasty.
Im going to take all your considerations into account and see what I like the best.

Im going to do the exterior body first, so that will mean a new body kit for me. Or new body parts for that matter.

Also one other question... Obviously Fiberglass bodies are less than Urethane bodies..
Why is that? What does each have to offer / differences? And is it completely worth it to go with a Urethane body?

I thought my body now was fiberglass.. I know my hood is either fiberglass or carbon fiber.
But I just wanted to know which to go with in the body because prices vary A LOT.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

well fiberglass ones are cheaper because if you buy one......then you'll have to buy another one very soon.

this is a case of you get what you pay for.

urethane will flex......fiberglass will not......so if you bump anything.....anything at all......scrape a little on a driveway it will break.

also i've been told (and i don't know if this is true or not but it's what i've heard) that when it's very very cold the fiberglass becomes even more brittle and if you hit a bump too hard it can crack.

SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET URETHANE!
Old 12-08-2005, 12:08 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Heh, ok thanks.

Now I really got to invest that money huh? Well I guess Im going with Urethane than!

Thanks Nathan.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Oh yea one other thing too...

About the Roush side exhaust.. See Im stupid and I always thought that side exhaust were solely for show and you still had the pipes coming out the back. Now that I understand its JUST side exhaust.. Does this come will less performance gains? Not that I really care about performance, but I do care about sound...

Am I going to still be able to put a catback on there eventually? What about mid-pipes?
Or does the Roush side exhaust come with its complete own system?
Because eventually when Im done with the body Im going to JACK up the noise.. So I want to know now so I dont put side skirts on there and then end up not being able to generate sound...?

Old 12-08-2005, 12:21 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

no you can still get big sound with side exit exhaust......there are kits for it......this is a department that i'm not exactly an authority on so i don't want to tell you the wrong thing...

but what i do know is that there is a bunch of kits that you can get for side exit......i know that roush sells the tips to fit inside of their side skirts.....maybe even as a bundle.

i've heard that you lose a little with the side exit but i don't know for sure......even if you did it would be fewer than 5 hp.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:32 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea since my car is based on show Im really not concerned with performance, but I do want good sound down the road.

If anyone has more information on side exhaust capabilities and #'s.. Please let me know.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

For show, you always start with the exterior, then interior, last is underhood dressup.

1.) Wheels... they're worth the money, trust me.
2.) Cervinis or Saleen Side scoops
3.) Kaminari lip/wing,
4.) Toneau covers eventually but in the mean time get a regular convertible boot if you don't have one already.
5.) Smoked headlights. Clear corners are optional but may be worth a point at shows.
6.) Eventually try to pick up some 03 Cobra mirrors and get them painted.
7.) Are those seats cloth!? If they are you MUST swap them out eventually. If you stick with OEM style seats, get Roush seatbelt guides (They'll clear the bar so they don't need to hang back funny.).
8.) Shorty antenna Mustang Tuning
9.) billet interior parts from MGW
10.) If you really want to turn heads with gauges, check out this: Digital Gauges Otherwise, autometer or simco clusters look great: Gauge Clusters

There are many, many options out there. good luck.

Quick Reply: Built for Show