4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Built for Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 03:48 PM
shane361
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Built for Show

ORIGINAL: MooseStang88

What do you guys think about painting your interior?

One of the biggest factors in winning but 2 much is 2 much. I did 2 much in my GT but just rite later in my Cobra. Dont paint the pieces around the stereo like I did and you will be fine. Here are some pics-Shane

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/minema...27.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/minema...fa.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/minema...d4.jpg&.src=ph
Old 12-24-2005, 03:58 PM
shane361
2nd Gear Member

Bullitt rims are great looking on our cars and I have gotten a million compliments. If you dont like them try FR500s with a deep dish lip or white Saleens. White on white has no contrast so I dont think they will stand out much. As far as tires a good size for you would be 275/40/18s. If you were gonna race I would go around 290 to 315 and dont like the look of 35's.

My bullitts

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/minema...ed.jpg&.src=ph
Old 12-24-2005, 06:09 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

you should have posted this in general tech... it obviously has nothing to do with 4.6 liter engines
Old 12-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dawssvt

ORIGINAL: meebix

Nice good advice Fallstar.

However, Im moving on.. So heres the story. My dad FREAKED OUT, like I can't even tell you kind of freaked out when I told him I wanted to change some of my body style. If I may quote him, "Your car has the hottest style and is so unqiue, just stop it." And he basically shut down anything I tried to say.

SOOOO... Back to my original plan. Time to build the most unique looking mustang!
Look at the picture on the bottom, its one of the only other kaminari bodies I've seen, however, with that being said, it does look pretty cool. What you think?

I know I could make my car look good, but I needed some ideas.
So Im going to go ahead and get wheels + tires now for christmas and then continue to build. Any ideas gearing toward my current car would be greatly appreciate. Things you think would make it look good.

Thanks a lot for all you guys who have helped me, I really appreciate your time.
Now Im going to work with what I have and put together the most unique stang ever.

So with that being said, I guess Im going to do wheels + tires to start the process.
I DONT want bullitt wheels, they are SOO ugly.
I want to go with 18' wheels. I may be interested in a nice looking deep dish because I want to do a trim down the road with the lip of the deep dishes.
What do you guys think of white wheels on a white body? Like the 2000 Saleen SR..

So what wheels? And can you guys recommend some tire brands + sizes?

[IMG]local://upfiles/24273/AC08065536AD4FCFB22363A0B03A71DD.jpg[/IMG]
Where did you get the pic of that car? personally I think that ride is awesome!

ummm at a car show my club runs... he might be there again this year.... i dunno....
Old 12-24-2005, 09:19 PM
shane361
2nd Gear Member

Shame..all that money spent to rice something out. A mustang owner being a mystic or mystichrome copy cat. Then lambo doors on a Mustang and then of course the body kit..geesh. I would call him out if he was at one of our car shows. Hey..its a free world to do whatever you want to your car...and all reprocutions of your actions are also free of the other person-Shane

Ps..ask him what color he calls that and if he says Mystic or Mystichrome then call him a liar to his face. He should say chamelian, lol. I use to own a 96 Mystic and I hated it when people called my car chamelian[&:]
Old 12-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Also I need more information geared toward.. What type of body kit would catch your eye/others? How much stuff is TOO much?

What kind of stuff do I need to stay away from to end up over-doing it..

Things like that.
you're doing this crap for the wrong reasons man. Do what you like man and for Christ's sake. Do it because you like it not because everyone else says its cool. That goes for everything, not just your car. I'm sure you have an idea of what you want, but it just seems to me that you are doing this just to please a bunch of random people who are going to simply walk by your car and admire it for a few seconds before they move onto the next one.... Total aste of time and money if you asked me. If you wanna impress people just go to a party, smoke some pot, get drunk and jump off the roof into the hot tub naked
Old 12-25-2005, 02:29 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

Also I need more information geared toward.. What type of body kit would catch your eye/others? How much stuff is TOO much?

Things like that.
you're doing this crap for the wrong reasons man. Do what you like man and for Christ's sake. Do it because you like it not because everyone else says its cool. That goes for everything, not just your car. I'm sure you have an idea of what you want, but it just seems to me that you are doing this just to please a bunch of random people who are going to simply walk by your car and admire it for a few seconds before they move onto the next one.... Total aste of time and money if you asked me. If you wanna impress people just go to a party, smoke some pot, get drunk and jump off the roof into the hot tub naked
You have some experience with this?
Old 12-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

Things like that.
You have some experience with this?
Ummm. I saw someone do it once????
Old 12-26-2005, 12:51 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

LOL, I havent been on in a while, Ive been working my *** off, but I like it w/e.

Amen to that... I'm going to end up putting some **** into it in the next few weeks, I have taken the exact approach you said. Im going to do what I think looks good and customize it my way with some of my personality in it. I have some good ideas that will truely make my car unique, even from anyone who may have a body like mine.. but first I need to bring in the cash.

Thanks for all the ideas guys... But the last few comments have been real, and thats what it comes down to.. What I think will look good, and I can tell you I will make my car look real nice. I have gotten tons of ideas from you guys, and thanks for your opinions. Now its time for me to take over.

Im so freaking torn between my exhaust system or putting money into exterior styling. I dont know what to do. I know its for show, but I need that freaking sound!! lol, I want to get the sound done, but I don't know.. Rims or sound? Or maybe neither of those yet.. and just do styling.. ahhh.. I dont know...
Old 12-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

For exhaust, take it to a reputable exhaust/[erformance shop (NOT MIDAS). Have them make a side-exit exhaust system with the following:

BBK Ceramic coated LT headers, 3" piping to and SLP Loudmouth 1 muffler, and then a dual exit tip. Do one on each side and it will look and sound AMAZING. LOUD as hell too. Then when you do the body, get roush side skirts and sand them down in the back to make an opening for the exhaust. A custom job will win you points!

Bigger is better for rims. 18" is def. the way to go. The guy with the green Stang. Looks nice, but your wheels are too small! Some Chrome FR500's are in order.