4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Built for Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:28 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default Built for Show

Alright guys,

Im winding down on what exactly I want to do to my car. Im never going to get it to the track where I live and I have a convertable so its definitely not worth racing it, plus Im all about the looks!

So here we go, Im 18 and I want to build my car for "show". Im keeping my car for a LONG time, and while Im young Ill take it to local shows and whatnot, then as I start to get my feet wet and my car starts to come along, and as I get older, Ill take it to bigger shows, etc.

Take a look at my car posted below. Yes many of you have criticized my body, which is fine with me, thats why I need your opinions. I bought the car like this, I havent done anything yet, so its not a total reversal. I have a 2000 GT Convertable (White).

Now my question to you guys is... What should I start doing in order to start building my car for show?
I want to work in this order:
1. Exterior
2. Interior
3. Accessories

Please don't say "Paint Job" or something HUGE along those lines. My custom paint job is down the road, when its not my primary car. So nothing that is going to be useless at this point.

See, I don't understand why moded cars down win at EVERY show hands down! I obviously want my car to be moded, I don't want a clean, stock car that wins shows. I want a car where you have to look twice as you pass, or stand back and say "Wow, now THAT is nice"

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. List some things (in order) you think I should work on.
Thanks AGAIN! Guys

[IMG]local://upfiles/24273/42168FB51EE8431D8D7FE66F6F51C351.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24273/35E1D4ED9C594D61AEC396EB88DE4C0C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24273/2647983AC8CE45DD80E80D17CBBD92F5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Built for Show

Talk to autobadges, his car is a show winner several times.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:32 AM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

1. Nice body kit
2. Sweet rims not to big though like 18's
3. Put in billet or steeda ***** and handles inside but not too much.
4. A sweet looking spoiler/wing what ever you want to call it
5. Maybe tinted windows.
6. A nice system.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:40 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Also I need more information geared toward.. What type of body kit would catch your eye/others? How much stuff is TOO much?

What kind of stuff do I need to stay away from to end up over-doing it..

Things like that.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 AM
J.Taki
1st Gear Member

Sometimes less is more. Maybe start w/ a speedster cover. Cervini makes a nice 2-piece (see below), you may be even able to find one on EBAY. Painting it to match your car shouldn't be too expensive compaired to what you were considering doing. Just remove and store it when you don't need it.

https://www.cervinis.com/search.aspx...%20Convertible
Old 12-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

Nice. That white paint is easy to match huh.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:40 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

id either get the stock bumpers and skirts back on there, or go with a saleen or cobra kit. and sell that hood, damn its ugly. then get some rims. i dont think billet interior stuff would look too great with your interior as is. id pretty much leave it a lone withh exception to a new shiftknob and maybe some bullet pedals. id get some engine bay dress up stuff too cause your hood will be popped. for my engine bay im gonna get some billet stuff cause i dont care for chrome too much. i want billet valve covers, radiator top, alternator, stuff like that. you could paint your stock valve covers yourself for fairly cheap, and the just wipe down all the rubber stuff and plastics, it would look pretty clean that way, then spend your money on dealing with that body. good luck.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Well I want to deal with the body first... Then go to the engine. Because I just won't open the hood until I start the under the hood work and dress-up. There are a bunch of things I like, or would like to do to the exterior body, however, Is it going to matter if I mix and match? Or should I just go straight for something?

I don't want "stock" stuff. Thats not what this is about and thats NOT what I want. I want an exterior where when you look at it you have to stop and stare because it is just so appealing, and quite frankly, Im appealing to "dress-up kings" not the.. Ok that clean stock is just nasty. Thats exactly what I don't want.

I could mix and match all day, and I would love it... But I also want to know what other people are going to think.

Just think of the exterior body for right now.. What should I do.
1. New Hood + Bumper.
Possible side skirts

I love my back end, but I don't want people to be turned off from mixing or something.
So its better to go with a straight kit... Or what should I do??!?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:34 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

cobra or cobra R front fascia, roush side exit exhaust side skirts(but actually do the side exhaust with it or it's lame.) and if you absolutly must keep your rear end then do......otherwise i dig the saleen. or stock rear........or if you can find somewhere that sells that kit that looks like an 05+ and just get the rear end from that would be sweet too.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

So thats going to add a nice look to it obviously.. and this would catch your eye as a viewer?

Its ok to mix and match.. Its not looked down upon?
Because that setup seems good to me, and it would look absolutely gorgeous to a normal viewer, but then theres those mustangs enthusiasts... You know

Im also going to put the Mach 2 Hood on, so it will look nasty!

What ya think guys?

Quick Reply: Built for Show