4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Will I be in the 13's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:21 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Will I be in the 13's?

yeah I believe I read the same thing. So other than what I already have, what else would be the best for a good launch suspension wise, would a good set of sub-frame connecters be a valuable investment?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Valuable? Yes. More valuable than tires? No.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

ok so tires will probably be after my mods, but as I was saying earlier, will a wider street tire cut it, or do I really need to go with some kind of DR. If you, what brand is the best?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Wide tires will help, but it def. will not be drastic. The wider the rubber the more contact with the ground you have. Drag radials really are tops if you are wanting to get the best time. They can be very expensive though. I suggest buying an extra set of rear wheels and mounting them on the extra set of wheels. That way you don't run them down as quick. As for as top brands for DR, I'd say from heresay it's either mickey thompsons or BFGs. I've heard mixed things on Nittos, but the thing about them is that they last much longer than the others. I think they are rated at 15k miles and the others are rated at less than half. See if you can find some used drag radials on forums. That should save you some money.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:38 AM
01roushnj
1st Gear Member

ok well i would go with street tires since i doubt u'll be at the track every weekend, and they are much safer to drive around town on. And 295s in the rear is fine, thats what i have. I got Sumitiomo's ultra-high performance. They're good but I was always a fan of Kuhmo for some reason. As far as launching goes, I usually let her go around 1650. I found that any less would wind up making the car bog out while more would give some spin. And yes dropping the clutch at 3500 will give u a 16 sec 1/4 cause thats what i did the first time, it was rather embarassing letting a ricer beat me, but the only way to learn is through experience. Another reallllly good tip is when that last yellow light goes on drop the clutch because by the time you cross the sensor it will be green already. A good way to practice would be on flat road at a red light, look at the other light and when it goes yellow prepare to open that beast up, the second it goes green drop the clutch and just floor it and chirp into second. Worked for me. Try not to do this tooo tooo often cause it will harm ur clutch.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:43 AM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: freefallin98

Ok, so for the near to mid future, my goal for my car is jsut to get it consistantly in the high 13's. As of right now, I have Flowmaster cat back, BBK o/r h-pipe, JBA shorties, Mac c.a.i., Pro 5.0 and brand new Motorcraft plugs and wires. I was thinking that when I get the C&l plenum and MAC 70 mm tb, 3:73's(b/c I do a lot of highway driving), and Steeda upd's I should be into the 13's. Am I right do you think? Please post what you guys think would get me into the 13's if it isnt what I put down. Thanks, anything helps!
Now? No. With PI heads? Yes.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:45 AM
sk8erdudex
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

ORIGINAL: freefallin98

Ok, so for the near to mid future, my goal for my car is jsut to get it consistantly in the high 13's. As of right now, I have Flowmaster cat back, BBK o/r h-pipe, JBA shorties, Mac c.a.i., Pro 5.0 and brand new Motorcraft plugs and wires. I was thinking that when I get the C&l plenum and MAC 70 mm tb, 3:73's(b/c I do a lot of highway driving), and Steeda upd's I should be into the 13's. Am I right do you think? Please post what you guys think would get me into the 13's if it isnt what I put down. Thanks, anything helps!
Now? No. With PI heads? Yes.
+1