4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 1 out of commision

Old 12-10-2005, 02:10 AM
jrock
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Mach 1 out of commision

maybe he means that you styill get the forged internals with the mach 1, like the cobra
Old 12-10-2005, 02:14 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

well, all the stock comparisons show that the 4v has more horse and more torque than the 2v; and from what I've talked to to owners down here, the 4v has stood up to more track runs, etc
Old 12-10-2005, 02:15 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dlazrael

well, all the stock comparisons show that the 4v has more horse and more torque than the 2v; and from what I've talked to to owners down here, the 4v has stood up to more track runs, etc
Not ture. It's all in how you build the engine up.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:25 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: jrock

maybe he means that you styill get the forged internals with the mach 1, like the cobra
Mach's don't have forged internals.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:29 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

STOCKS... has nothing to do with engine build up.... regardless, I personally have forged internals though :-p
Old 12-10-2005, 03:54 AM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

wont having a built motor void the waranty?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:37 AM
Slick97gt
2nd Gear Member

thats what i was thinking.

ORIGINAL: Dark_Horse

wont having a built motor void the waranty?
Old 12-10-2005, 05:41 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Ok, Here it goes. From one red-light I raced a Lightning SVT and a Silverado, and some v6 POS (mustang)(and beat em all :-p, in the process i did redline 1st... but I drive that harder on the track). Well, after that light, I was driving normal, and when I reached cruising speed for the road (55 mph), something popped, then went "ka-chunk" and the car died. When I restarted the car, and was changing lanes, something scraped (metal on metal) and then i could drive fine... but:
1) i have no acceleration, as in, im revving to 3-4k and when i shift, it shifts clean (so internal tranny parts seem ok) but it isn't transferring the power... 4k rpm in 4th gear = 45 mph... doesnt sound right. and good luck going beyond 50mph.
2)My car has practically 0 exhaust noise, i can still feel exhaust come out of the tailpipes, but it doesnt resonate.... essentially my car sounds like a taurus or a 3.8l

I'm not getting a CEL or any other 'idiot' light for that matter, so, any ideas what the hell happened to the car?

BTW it's allready at the dealer (still under factory warranty) I didnt tell them about the racing, or the track (duh, cause they'll void the warranty) but, I'm trying to figure out if this will be covered or I'll have to pay out of pocket. Thanks
How can ya have any warrenty with patriot heads, forged pistons etc???
Old 12-10-2005, 09:02 AM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

wtf! something smells like poo in this thread.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:52 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

Hit about 6200-6300 before shifting out (when I was racing the trucks and the v6), during the normal shift it was around 3k. I've taken it to 6700 on the track. There is no vibration/noise/sputter coming from inside the engine, it was about a 7 mile drive from my house to the dealership, so I think I would have noticed this, I know something scraped but I'm not sure what, when i looked upder the car, the hpipe/cats looked fine, I couldnt see up into the manifolds (didnt jack it up). I've not noticed any fluid leakage, either here or at the dealership after it sat for 4 hrs... so nothing seems to be leaking (they moved it around too, I guess the drove it to check it) I'm thinking it may be timing chain, or maybe I'm hoping, lol. I'd rather replace the timing chain than valves/springs etc
ORIGINAL: BCisme

sounds to me like you over revved it and busted a couple valves. or a timing chain came loose and they busted. not sure. what do you turn it to? i have an 03 mach 1 block and i've spun it to 7K with no issues. but i have built GT heads with aftermarket valves springs etc...

well think about it for a minute. if the timing chain went, you might be ok yes. but if you did bust a few valves, replacing valves and springs wich are not expensive parts is the least of your worries. pistons are designed to compress an air/fuel mixture. not valves. so, yea....

and if you have forged internals and custom built heads, you don't have a warranty anymore. how do you expect ford to warranty a part they didnt make or install?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mach 1 out of commision