4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mustang Gauges

Old 12-13-2005, 01:34 AM
JT76

Default Mustang Gauges

I want to put in the A-pilar gauges in my 02' GT. Eventhough it may be a little ricey to have this without a blower or anything like that I still like the look. What kind of gauges would be "at home" in my auto 02' GT and where can i find one of those A-pilar pieces for a good price? how do you hook up the gauges ? thanks
Old 12-13-2005, 01:47 AM
jrock
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Gauges

maybe oil temp, thermostat, radio station lol
Old 12-13-2005, 02:03 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

fuel pressure, oil pressure, and air/fuel... probably best for a n/a car..... maybe even tranny temp.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

Dude you gotta get one of these then.

Auto Meter D-Pic Performance Meter Gauges

Everyday can be Test-n-Tune Day!
Setting up your chassis and tweeking components before race day does not have to be a guessing game anymore. As soon as you set the wrenches down, you can get the performance readings you need to figure out if you are on the right path to having a perfectly balanced set-up. All you have to do is choose which mode you want to test on your D-Pic gauge - put your ride through it's paces and check out the results. It's like having your own personal test track at your disposal. D-Pic gauges are an easy and clean installation, needing only a power wire hook-up. The 2-1/16' diameter gauge size allows you to mount them in a gauge pod, cup, panel, or even custom dash locations. Available in two styles, Ultra-Lite or Cobalt, to compliment your existing Auto Meter Gauges.

Choose from 6 different performance measurements:
Horsepower Mode

Calculate peak horsepower at the wheels (whp)
Compare the last recording to your best and realize performance effects of changes in your tune up.
1/4-Mile ET and Speed
Record and view data for quarter mile acceleration. Review 1/4-mile speed and ET
Check recorded peek G's on each pass to optimize your setup
Reaction Time
Practice and record reaction time in 1/4-mile acceleration mode
0 to 60 MPH Acceleration Time
Measures 0-60 mph acceleration times with precision
View peak G's from a run and perfect your tune up for peak acceleration
Compare latest efforts to a saved best, and improve driving skills while monitoring how upgrades affect vehicle acceleration
60 to 0 MPH Braking Distance
Precisely calculate the distance your vehicle needs to stop from 60 MPH
Capture peak deceleration G's and begin to understand braking and traction thresholds
Review and compare the last stop to your best and note how brake fade and modifications affect stopping distance
Real - Time G's
Choose to view forward (front - back) or lateral (left - right) axis instantaneous acceleration G-forces on the LED array and digital display
LED array shows magnitude of G-force
Instantaneous value in numeric digital reading below
Peak memory recalls highest G's achieved both axes (all for direction) during real-time operation.

You can find it here
Old 12-13-2005, 02:30 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i know someone that put one in their cobra it was off by 100rwhp of guessing the power... haha.... cobra was making 680rwhp... it said like 570rwhp.... haha its only good for side to side G's, not really for accel and stuff. its hard to set one for 1/4 mile times and 0-60 times too.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:33 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

i know someone that put one in their cobra it was off by 100rwhp of guessing the power... haha.... cobra was making 680rwhp... it said like 570rwhp.... haha its only good for side to side G's, not really for accel and stuff. its hard to set one for 1/4 mile times and 0-60 times too.
Yeah the HP would be much different because you forgot about the wind resistance. Times should be very accurate though.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:43 AM
JT76

how are these gauges installed? how much wiring is involved? where can i find the a-pilar panel itself?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:06 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

It depends on what gauge you get. The one I posted says it only needs power. Not hard to hook up. You can get the pillar around at quite a few places. Just do a search for Mustang gauge pillar on google or look at http://www.jegs.com
Old 12-13-2005, 03:47 AM
JT76

Thanks for the help
Old 12-13-2005, 05:21 AM
dawssvt
3rd Gear Member

anyone else with experiences with this gauge? that really caught my attention... it looks like a great thing to have...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang Gauges