4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

anyone ever bought a car off ebay?? good or bad??

Old 12-13-2005, 04:51 AM
superman02

Default anyone ever bought a car off ebay?? good or bad??

have you or someone you know ever bought a car from a car dealership (no private seller) off of ebay? were they satisfied with the overall condition of the car? did they have their car delivered to them or did they go pick it up?

i have been looking for a 2000 - 2004 gt. i went on autotrader.com and found some "OK" prices. then i went to ebay and there are some damn good deals!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:09 AM
dawssvt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: anyone ever bought a car off ebay?? good or bad??

I have bought from both private sellers and dealers on eBay. I bought my 98 cobra from a private seller and my dad went and picked it up for me. I got a great mustang at an even better price. I have always had good experiences buying cars on eBay.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

In September 2004, I bought my 03 GT Mustang from an individual off ebay. Salvage title, but the car was in damn near perfect shape and I got it at a pretty good price. It had about 5k worth of parts/labor in it already and only had 7800 miles. I paid 14,100 for it. Have not had a single problem with it since, mechanical or otherwise.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:41 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

meh.. i personally wouldn't buy a car from ebay unless it's a fairly new car. even then, i'd TRY and find someone sorta local so i could maybe see it or test it out. ebay is usually very good about buyer protection if you get a lemon though.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:10 AM
DrUnkEnMaStEr69
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

meh.. i personally wouldn't buy a car from ebay unless it's a fairly new car. even then, i'd TRY and find someone sorta local so i could maybe see it or test it out. ebay is usually very good about buyer protection if you get a lemon though.
yea id always check out a car in person before you buy it, never know how many hidden dents and scratches u may find...or even worse things that don't quite work the way they should anymore...
Old 12-13-2005, 11:26 AM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

I personally wouldn't buy anything unless it was old and cheap where I knew it was going to need work, but my sister bought an 03 Durango from a private owner. She flew down, drove it home, no problems. I've also got a friend who bought a '99 Passport from a dealership. She had her shipped to her though, but no problems there either... I just like to be able to look the car over, and drive it first...
Old 12-13-2005, 12:51 PM
mustangmanjj5445
1st Gear Member

i recently just bought an 00gt off ebay. it was a dealership in texas, so i bought it and got a damn good deal on the car. the seller posted a lot of pics which was good, but if you are gonna buy and there are only a couple pics, i would suggest having the seller e-mail you more detailed pics,or you could call and get a good description over the phone. now the only other thing you would have to think about is, if the car isnt located in any of the surrounding states, you probly would want to do shipping. cost me 600 coming from texas. but good luck to you!!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:36 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

i reccomend seeing the car in person and test driving it. to me its just like any other classified add, i wouldnt call up a guy and say "who do i make the check out to?" after only seeing a few pictures and such. but sometimes, if its a really good deal then you gotta do what you gotta do. ebay hasnt screwed me over yet, well not bad at least.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:23 PM
superman02

thanks for the info. anyone else?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You can pay many companies to go out and inspect the vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone ever bought a car off ebay?? good or bad??