4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

which tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:06 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Default RE: which tuner?

hmm...ill wait for the others to chime in on this one...not doubting you ( you own one ) but ive never heard of the predator having this feature.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:28 AM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Yes the predator has this feature. They are almost completely identical just one is SCT and one is diablosport. The reason most ppl use SCT is b/c most well known tuners use SCT software. As far as personal use I'd go predator. If you are a dyno warrior and REALLY race and constantly need to retune then SCT is your deal.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:34 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Well then ive been misinformed...hehe i like my SCT though, mainly for th software you can use with it.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Predator comes with software too
Old 12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rbstang

Predator comes with software too
For data logging, but there is no end-user tuning software like with SCT.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Bob99GTConv
I ♥ Acer

Frankly, I think you are wasting your oney. Go to a performance shop and get a SuperChip and a tune. Mine was $400 with tune. The shop that did it really know their shiit, make sure they do. Their professional SCT tuners have 100 times the features. And when you start messing with A/F curves and timing tables, you dont want to be guessing. With headers, Xpipe and a professional tune, I picked up a half a second in the quarter .
Old 12-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Well you can advance the timing with an SCT tuner more than a predator. I just had this delema yesterday, I just purchased a SCT Xcalibrator2 from mustang tuning, there making a tune for my car based on my modifications. I asked the guy which is the better one, and the tech there said its the SCT, everyone there owns one, its just more powerful. Plus the biggest seller for me is that I have a laptop and eventually I am going to buy the SCT Pro Racer Tuning software and be able to fine tune everything and record everything and upload new tunes to the Xcalibrator 2 and then flash the PCM with it. Hopefully I will get my SCT Xcalibrator on friday and I will post how I like it.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

Well you can advance the timing with an SCT tuner more than a predator. I just had this delema yesterday, I just purchased a SCT Xcalibrator2 from mustang tuning, there making a tune for my car based on my modifications. I asked the guy which is the better one, and the tech there said its the SCT, everyone there owns one, its just more powerful. Plus the biggest seller for me is that I have a laptop and eventually I am going to buy the SCT Pro Racer Tuning software and be able to fine tune everything and record everything and upload new tunes to the Xcalibrator 2 and then flash the PCM with it. Hopefully I will get my SCT Xcalibrator on friday and I will post how I like it.
You can download teh xtreme tune software for free.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:58 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

if you want a good deal on an sct2 im gonna be selling mine. ive had it about 2 months, used it once then went back to stock. i have no use for it and will be getting a dyno tune later on. its basically brand new, has box and ubc cord and everything. lemme know if interested.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:08 PM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

if you want a good deal on an sct2 im gonna be selling mine. ive had it about 2 months, used it once then went back to stock. i have no use for it and will be getting a dyno tune later on. its basically brand new, has box and ubc cord and everything. lemme know if interested.

I thought they only worked for that car?

Quick Reply: which tuner?