4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default Nitrous Question

I know this has been covered a million times, but there are 500 different answers. I've decided to go with the ZEX nitrous kit. They claim that "everything" you need is in the kit. However...I am not familiar with putting N20 on a EFI motor. Do you not need a fuel pump with the ZEX kit? Does it somehow send more voltage to the stock pump at WOT? What about a colder spark? I'd like to avoid this thing being a time bomb.</P>

Any one that knows anything about the ZEX kit, your input is appreciated.</P>
Old 01-15-2004, 12:47 PM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

Default Nitrous Question

</P>

The Zex kit is for ricers, marketed for them . I dont recommend it anyways. Are you planning on installing the kit yourself?.........for a stock engine I dont recommend anything bigger than a 75 hp shot. You are going to nedd toretard the timing, get colder sparks plugs and go higher octane (93) fuel. Get the NOS or Nitrous Works kit, with the WOT switch, if everything is done right you wont have any problems....</P>
Old 01-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default Nitrous Question

Originally Posted by NO2JUNKIE

</P>

The Zex kit is for ricers, marketed for them . I dont recommend it anyways. Are you planning on installing the kit yourself?.........for a stock engine I dont recommend anything bigger than a 75 hp shot. You are going to nedd toretard the timing, get colder sparks plugs and go higher octane (93) fuel. Get the NOS or Nitrous Works kit, with the WOT switch, if everything is done right you wont have any problems....</P>

</P>

</P>

The ZEX isn't designed for ricers, it's designed for EFI vehicles. Why wouldn't you recommend it? </P>

The Zex system is triggered by an exclusive TPS trigger that ensures safe, reliable activation every time. No brackets, no microswitches to adjust, and easy jet changes make this unit a breeze to install and use. The distribution manifold design provides superior fuel enrichment control and gives you more power per pound of nitrous than any other system. The fuel control circuit uses nitrous bottle pressure to determine how much extra fuel to add. This kit includes a gland fitting for air duct discharge nozzle mount and a tap for throttle body discharge mount. The Zex nitrous system is designed for EFI engines only.</P>

</P>

How did I know you were going to be the first to respond and tell me to go with Nitrousworks?</P>
Old 01-15-2004, 01:03 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default Nitrous Question

to be on the safe side a 190lph pump would be nice...I see you read there ad....it's an easy install but far from being the best..as their hp rating widely vary unlike a NX system..some people have seen very lil hp from the kit...the nx system as far hp output has been on the money and in some cases more the advertised..alway do a lil resurch before buying..
Old 01-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default Nitrous Question

From what I understand it's the safest. The only experience with NOS I've had was on a carburated motor, that was built to take a 250 shot. So, I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to spray a 4.6 and not blow it up. I'm not trying to run 11's with it, I just want it to get out of it's own way.</P>

</P>

</P>
Old 01-15-2004, 01:35 PM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

Default Nitrous Question

WTF//any N2O system now is designed for EFI..