4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

X pipe (no cats) with STOCK GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

Default X pipe (no cats) with STOCK GT

OK I think i have figured out what i want to do with the exhaust but i'm not exactly sure. If i were to keep my stock GT exhaust system and just add an X pipe with no cats, what type of performance increase would i be looking at. Also how loud would we be talking. with those 2 bits of info i will know what i want to do.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:46 PM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

I think you need to let us know what your goals are here. It sounds like you want to keep your stock mufflers, (very restrictive and quiet) and remove your cats for an x pipe, (wont pass California inspection) You wont get much rwhp from the x running back through stock mufflers and I dont think it will sound much louder either. You really have to open it up, cats and mufflers to get a nice rwhp jump.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:53 PM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

let me say what i want to accomplish here. I want to get the most performance and the best flow so that i gain the most HP and get the best gas milage for the cheapest price... thats why i thought an X pipe without cats... because they are cheap and i thought an X pipe without cats would have the biggest improvment in those departments... i guess i was a little wrong though
Old 01-16-2004, 12:02 AM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

Save your $$, start with cat back- then go x or h pipe, then intake, tb,cai,pulleys, gears. Have fun.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:48 AM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

.............and sell your car and buy a four-banger rice burner if concerned about fuel economy..............</P>
Old 01-16-2004, 12:50 AM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

whats with all the smart *** comments comming from all directions. the only reason i want to get a few things that lower gas milage is because i know that gears kill the gas milage so i want to kind of even it out. no one is talking about any v4 rice rockets. see that... very simple
Old 01-16-2004, 12:52 AM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

i dont know what it is about me but everyone always has something wierd to reply to my questions .... interesting
Old 01-16-2004, 12:59 AM
mabguru
2nd Gear Member

When I put my x-pipe on it was one of the first things that I did. Your sound at high rpm's will sound more race car like, but when it comes down its not gonna rumble as much. The reason for this is that its more free flowing. You may feel like you lose some torque also, but it's great at higher speeds. Just my findings at least.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:00 AM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

Originally Posted by GT99GT
i dont know what it is about me but everyone always has something wierd to reply to my questions .... interesting
</P>

cant' you see how stupid your questions are and how often you keep repeating them?.............is nothing personal man, it seems like you are joking.......</P>
Old 01-16-2004, 01:01 AM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

Originally Posted by mabguru
When I put my x-pipe on it was one of the first things that I did. Your sound at high rpm's will sound more race car like, but when it comes down its not gonna rumble as much. The reason for this is that its more free flowing. You may feel like you lose some torque also, but it's great at higher speeds. Just my findings at least.
</P>

</P>

Yes, thats the word--RACE LIKE a high RPM's..did you listent to my sound clip MDGURU?</P>

Quick Reply: X pipe (no cats) with STOCK GT