4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I need help modding my 03 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:19 PM
pLaGuIeNtO
2nd Gear Member

Default I need help modding my 03 GT

Hello guys, I´m new around here, I need some help, I´m the proud owner of a 03 GT, I have added somethings into my car like :

-AEM Bruteforce Intake
-AIRAID POWERAID Throttle Body Spacer
-HYPERTECH Power Programmer III
-12,000K HID´s Kit
-BFgoodrich G-Force KDW tires
-Brake pads

As you can see I just started, probably for most of you around here this mods are nothing but I think is a good start, I was thinking about adding a Magnaflow Exhaust system and BBK headers, what do you think? should I do something different? I was thinking about maybe save some money and add a procharger stage 2 or maybe a Turbo, I really need help with this, or probably I should be doing something else.

Thanks! hope to see you guys around!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: I need help modding my 03 GT

Pick any exhaust combination you want man, that's all up to you.

A Turbo will run you well over $6,000.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
pLaGuIeNtO
2nd Gear Member

Thanks! I know it´s expensive but I have heard is worth it, I have almost enough to order a Stage 2 Procharger, what do you think?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

It's nice, but you will need the supporting mods, plus if you want to run the kind of boost it produces (10psi is the max, some people run with 12 but it's a huge risk), you will need to rebuild your bottom end with some forged internals.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:36 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pLaGuIeNtO

Hello guys, I´m new around here, I need some help, I´m the proud owner of a 03 GT, I have added somethings into my car like :

-AEM Bruteforce Intake
-AIRAID POWERAID Throttle Body Spacer
-HYPERTECH Power Programmer III
-12,000K HID´s Kit
-BFgoodrich G-Force KDW tires
-Brake pads

As you can see I just started, probably for most of you around here this mods are nothing but I think is a good start, I was thinking about adding a Magnaflow Exhaust system and BBK headers, what do you think? should I do something different? I was thinking about maybe save some money and add a procharger stage 2 or maybe a Turbo, I really need help with this, or probably I should be doing something else.

Thanks! hope to see you guys around!
Your on the right track. Make your pony exhale a little better with exhaust. start with a catback. Then decide if your going supercharger or turbo if your going turbo then dont buy headers and a midpipe because you have to have a exhaust manifold for the turbo so buying headers would be a waste of money. If you decide to go supercharger get yourself some Long Tube Headers, Shorty Midpipe.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:47 PM
pLaGuIeNtO
2nd Gear Member

an04COBRA Date 1/8/2006 5:33:39 PM
It's nice, but you will need the supporting mods, plus if you want to run the kind of boost it produces (10psi is the max, some people run with 12 but it's a huge risk), you will need to rebuild your bottom end with some forged internals.
What would you suggest me? I was thinking too about that, it´s hard to decide between 8 or 10psi.

ORIGINAL: rbstang
Your on the right track. Make your pony exhale a little better with exhaust. start with a catback. Then decide if your going supercharger or turbo if your going turbo then dont buy headers and a midpipe because you have to have a exhaust manifold for the turbo so buying headers would be a waste of money. If you decide to go supercharger get yourself some Long Tube Headers, Shorty Midpipe.
[/quote]

Thanks Rbstang, I want to do everything as it should so I can make my GT runs faster, I think I will definetely go for the Procharger, what I would like to know is wich mods I have to do so my car can support that, what should I add or mod before getting the Procharger?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pLaGuIeNtO
Thanks Rbstang, I want to do everything as it should so I can make my GT runs faster, I think I will definetely go for the Procharger, what I would like to know is wich mods I have to do so my car can support that, what should I add or mod before getting the Procharger?
Long Tube Headers, Shorty Mid Pipe, Catback, 3.73 gears, 75MM Throttle Body, New Upper Intake Plenum, Bigger MAF, Fuel items should come in the kit, New Internals if you wanna run high boost.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You can install the Procharger with the mods you have now, but you will make significantly less HP than say you had other bolt-ons combined with the Procharger.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:42 PM
pLaGuIeNtO
2nd Gear Member

Dan04COBRA Date 1/8/2006 6:02:45 PM
You can install the Procharger with the mods you have now, but you will make significantly less HP than say you had other bolt-ons combined with the Procharger.
How much HP can I expect from the next settings :

-Procharger stage II 8psi with the mods I have right now :
-Procharger stage II 8psi with the mods I need to make it release the maximum HP without destroying my engine :
-Procharger stage II 10psi with the mods I have right now :
-Procharger stage II 10psi with the mods I need to make it release the maximum HP without destroying my engine :

How much money would you recommend me or think is enough to make my car run perfectly without any problem using the procharger? please forgive me for making so many questions but I think that´s the best way to learn and what better way to learn than from someone who has more knowledge about this like you guys, thanks!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

It's hard to guess. With the mods you have now (nothing for power really) you will get over the 300RWHP mark.

Figure full bolt-ons plus 10PSI, you will be over 400RWHP and over 400RWTQ.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions, a lot of people come here with questions or presume they already know the answer and when we suggest otherwise, they get defensive!! Ask away!!!

Quick Reply: I need help modding my 03 GT