MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   c&l intake plenum? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/86275-c-and-l-intake-plenum.html)

thirteensecondgt 01-08-2006 11:39 PM

c&l intake plenum?

i just ordered a intake plenum for my car....159.99 shipped....what gains should i see and was it worth the money?

JonBeast 01-08-2006 11:47 PM

RE: c&l intake plenum?

I've got a BBK TB and C&L plenum....I noticed some good throttle response from it.

Do you already have a TB?

thirteensecondgt 01-08-2006 11:53 PM

nah i didnt have that much spare change to spend right now...will get a TB later on

2k1gt 01-09-2006 12:30 AM

I put my c&l plenum on before my TB and I did notice a small change but it doesnt wake up all the way till you get that TB.

66_mustang_04 01-09-2006 12:31 AM

get the throttle body for sure for max gains!

shuribob 01-09-2006 12:58 AM

Unless you retune the computer you may end up leaning out your fuel, especially if you change the MAF. BE CAREFUL! Sean Hyland covers this in his book.

1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe, Kenne Bell Supercharger at 7PSI, Kenne Bell Open House Hi Flow Manifold, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, Superchips Excalibrater II Tuner, MSD Blaster Coil Packs, C&L TrueFlow Inlet Intake Power Pipe, Super Chips MAF with K&N Filter, UPR O/R x pipe, MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust
Bilstein Shocks and Struts, Kenny Brown Sport Springs, Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix System
Kenny Brown Rear Shock Tower Brace, Kenny Brown Lower Chassis Brace, Kenny Brown Caster Plus Kit, Steeda Lower Control Arms, Lakewood Upper Control Arms, Ford Racing Aluminum Drive Shaft with Safety Loop, T/A Rear End Girdle, B&M Pro Ripper Shifter, Autometer Guages, Raptor Shift Light
Hood Struts, Rear quarter Sail Panels, Side Scoops, Custom Striping
275/17 X 9” Front 315/17 X 10.5” BFG drag radials Rear on Cobra R Rims

JonBeast 01-09-2006 01:00 AM

Yea....the plenum gives you most of the power....but the TB helps with pedal stiffness and throttle response.

It is better to do the plenum before the TB tho if you have to do them seperate. You wouldn't notice much from a stock plenum and an a/f TB.

Save up for the TB and you will be pleased.

JonBeast 01-09-2006 01:01 AM

ORIGINAL: shuribob

Unless you retune the computer you may end up leaning out your fuel, especially if you change the MAF. BE CAREFUL! Sean Hyland covers this in his book.

1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe, Kenne Bell Supercharger at 7PSI, Kenne Bell Open House Hi Flow Manifold, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, Superchips Excalibrater II Tuner, MSD Blaster Coil Packs, C&L TrueFlow Inlet Intake Power Pipe, Super Chips MAF with K&N Filter, UPR O/R x pipe, MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust
Bilstein Shocks and Struts, Kenny Brown Sport Springs, Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix System
Kenny Brown Rear Shock Tower Brace, Kenny Brown Lower Chassis Brace, Kenny Brown Caster Plus Kit, Steeda Lower Control Arms, Lakewood Upper Control Arms, Ford Racing Aluminum Drive Shaft with Safety Loop, T/A Rear End Girdle, B&M Pro Ripper Shifter, Autometer Guages, Raptor Shift Light

Put all that jazz in your signature :eek:

Hyper00 01-09-2006 03:35 AM

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

ORIGINAL: shuribob

Put all that jazz in your signature :eek:
Jeez! That is a lot of sh*t. With all that, you don't have to impress anyone. Just say modded.

1BAD3V 01-09-2006 03:39 AM

Like everyone else said, "get the t/b and you will see noticeable gains". You might feel just a tad bit of a gain with just the plenum, but maybe not.