4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Can you become a good person mechanically mainly on mustangs without schooling?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:22 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Can you become a good person mechanically mainly on mustangs without schooling?

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Psshhh, when i bought my car i had no mechanical expierence at all... so far I've installed, full exhaust (including LT headers, dropping kmember etc), new intake manifold, new clutch, new brakes rotors and a bunch of other small stuff.

I just figure **** out.

post hoor!
Don't know what happend, haha [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 01-14-2006, 04:30 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Can you become a good person mechanically mainly on mustangs without schooling?

ORIGINAL: David_K

ORIGINAL: Crystal

again no schooling experience and i will be succesfull for the rest of my life
Didn't you tell me that the business you work for was owned by your family? Naturally, you are set for life.

just cause i took over my dad's company doesnt mean i need schooling to run it succesfully
If you have an attitude like that, your future employees will know more than you do.

i have no problem with that. lots of employees know more about there field than their boss does.

You are the most narrow-minded, egotistical, and arrogant person I have ever seen.

To the original poster...definitely get some schooling. Not only will you probably learn additional skills and knowledge along with everything you learn while working at a dealership/shop, but when you go to begin your career you will look THAT much more favorable because you have a degree. It's more than a piece of paper, it's a sign of dedication and assurance that this is the direction you want to go with your life. It shows an employer that your dedicated, ambitious, and willing to learn.

I can't stress it enough, get some schooling.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Unless you're ultimate career goal is to be a master tech, skip school.

Get a degree in something while you're working at a repair shop. Multi-year employment will be held above a pice of paper from Wyotech any day of the week.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:35 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

again no schooling experience and i will be succesfull for the rest of my life
Didn't you tell me that the business you work for was owned by your family? Naturally, you are set for life.

just cause i took over my dad's company doesnt mean i need schooling to run it succesfully
If you have an attitude like that, your future employees will know more than you do.

i have no problem with that. lots of employees know more about there field than their boss does.

You are the most narrow-minded, egotistical, and arrogant person I have ever seen.

To the original poster...definitely get some schooling. Not only will you probably learn additional skills and knowledge along with everything you learn while working at a dealership/shop, but when you go to begin your career you will look THAT much more favorable because you have a degree. It's more than a piece of paper, it's a sign of dedication and assurance that this is the direction you want to go with your life. It shows an employer that your dedicated, ambitious, and willing to learn.

I can't stress it enough, get some schooling.

his original question was if he could become a good mustang mechanic without haveing to go to school. and the answer is yes. my mechanic didnt go to school. in fact he cant read very well. but he rebuilt my blower, built himself a 5.3L stroker kit for his cobra, and used to work for a couple of performance shops includeing Houston performance, fatal performance, and CCS Tuning. yet he never finished the 8th grade. so the answer is yes you dont need schooling to be a good mechanic
Old 01-14-2006, 01:49 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

his original question was if he could become a good mustang mechanic without haveing to go to school. and the answer is yes. my mechanic didnt go to school. in fact he cant read very well. but he rebuilt my blower, built himself a 5.3L stroker kit for his cobra, and used to work for a couple of performance shops includeing Houston performance, fatal performance, and CCS Tuning. yet he never finished the 8th grade. so the answer is yes you dont need schooling to be a good mechanic
David, stop being a moron. Of course there are people out there who have done well for themselves without much (or any) schooling, but they are in the VAST minority. Yes you will most likly be set for the rest of your life, but you forgot to tell everyone that you have either had things givin to you ar inherited everything have, you have no clue what it's like to atually WORK for what you have.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:53 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

I still work to make a living