4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

LT Install This Weekend!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Hoppers04Gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: LT Install This Weekend!!

Nope, its O/R too.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:57 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

My cam install went pretty well, Thanks for asking. It took me about 16 hours, saturday and sunday. The most of the time was getting the stock springs out and putting the comp cam springs in. But the swap was very easy. I had a very bad scare. I was putting it back together and bought steeda underdrive pullies. I was tightening the steeda harmonic balancer on and it wound up stripping abotu the first 4 threads of my crank! I couldnt get the pulley on, if I didnt I would be f*cked. I was about to tap it out. Or worst get a new short block. But I took the steeda under drve pulley off and hammered the stock pulley on and grabbed some good threads and tightened it up. It was a close call, but it kinda sucks because I bought the underdrive pullies, I want to put them onm there just sitting in my garage. Going to waste. Sounds pretty nasty now, and it pulls harder now too. I also got my 4.10's put in today too. My car is so much more fun to drive now.
looks like a good excuse for a forged bottom end to me!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:09 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/m_912792/m...tm.htm#914293\

Take a look at that, my LT installtion... You may change your mind, took me five days.

Also hope you're car is not rusted at all.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:11 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

I installed mine, I just used the gaskets BBK gave me with it. One thing that BBK didnt mention about the install is that you will have to bend the dipstick tube different so it will fit around the headers. That is if your header has a single peice flange. If you have a two peice flange. Meaning there are two pipes on a flange and a speration between them then I think you can use the dipstick the way it is without bending. It took me about 15 trys until I bent the dipstick the right way to fit around them. I also forgot to install it and I was getting smoke, because oil from the hole was spitting up and burning on the header. So remember to install it. Plus when you jack the motor up, only loosen one motor mount at a time, this will tilt the motor to a side and give you more clearance than it would if you unbolt both sides and jacked the motor up. Also when you jack the motor up I used about an 8" long peice of a 2x4 stood upright on a hydraulic jack placed on the oil pan flange right under the harmonic balancer. Basicly its just putting pressure on the block. I wouldnt jack up on the oil pan you may dent it in, and if you get under your oil pickup you may stave your motor for oil or create a leak at the gasket. Also just hand tighten the bolts as tight as you can because almost all the bolts you can not tighten with a torque wrench. I havenet had any exhaust leaks. Just take your time...

Without dropping the kember... i would think it would be damn near impossible to tighten ALL of the header bolts properly. Hell even with the kmember out, it was a complete bitch.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:02 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

https://mustangforums.com/m_912792/m...tm.htm#914293\

Take a look at that, my LT installtion... You may change your mind, took me five days.

Also hope you're car is not rusted at all.
Wow i just heard your exhaust movie. Im speechless that sounds so bad a$$ wow. nice job man sorry to hear about your 5 days of hell installing those things.