4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Dynoed my car today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 PM
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dynoed my car today...

only 270?

not to be mean or critical, but wtf?

IS that a GT or a 6er?

if it is a GT, you should be puttin more than that to the wheels with your mods. I have complete exhaust and an intake on my mach and im putting 286whp.

With all your mods you should be putting more than me i would think. Especially witht that cam. I think everyone is right about your a/f ratio. And maybe that turbonator thingy is choking your intake instead of helping it?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DaMach04

only 270?

not to be mean or critical, but wtf?

IS that a GT or a 6er?

if it is a GT, you should be puttin more than that to the wheels with your mods. I have complete exhaust and an intake on my mach and im putting 286whp.

With all your mods you should be putting more than me i would think. Especially witht that cam. I think everyone is right about your a/f ratio. And maybe that turbonator thingy is choking your intake instead of helping it?
Well yours stock is 305hp to the crank, mine is 260hp to the crank. The average stock GT puts down 220rwhp. My tune needs to be improved. I was hoping for 280rwhp. Plus I think my clutch is slipping a bit.

Also you cant really compair cars, yours is a 4v motor and mine is a 2v. Your heads flow so much more air than even a stage 3 2v head can, vs your stock.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:14 AM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

When I got my car dynoed, the guy that runs the place told me how he only opened the dyno shop as a side business. He said all the shops he went to the guy runing the dyno only knew how to press the button. Nobody knew any more then that, so he went and opened his own shop. He got me 8rwhp gain on 87 octane just messing with the A/F. I don't have numbers on the 93 Octane with the advanced timing yet, but the car sure as hell feels strong. Ohh and didn't they prove that turbinator actually takes away power. I mean if I stuck a sock in my intake I'm sure it wouldn't help much, except make my exhaust fumes stinky.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dajawu

When I got my car dynoed, the guy that runs the place told me how he only opened the dyno shop as a side business. He said all the shops he went to the guy runing the dyno only knew how to press the button. Nobody knew any more then that, so he went and opened his own shop. He got me 8rwhp gain on 87 octane just messing with the A/F. I don't have numbers on the 93 Octane with the advanced timing yet, but the car sure as hell feels strong. Ohh and didn't they prove that turbinator actually takes away power. I mean if I stuck a sock in my intake I'm sure it wouldn't help much, except make my exhaust fumes stinky.
LOL I will have to try the sock deal. But I thought the same thing. But I lost 10rwhp by taking it out.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:36 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

ORIGINAL: dajawu

LOL I will have to try the sock deal. But I thought the same thing. But I lost 10rwhp by taking it out.
How long did you let the car cool down between runs? Heat soak can make you lose 10 HP. In order for a good comparison the car needs to be at the same temp for every test.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

With the mods I have in my sig, I made 262 RWHP and 307RWTQ. I want camms too!! My numbers are pretty solid considering how lightly modded my car is and the fact that the factory says my numbers should be at the crank.....
Old 01-13-2006, 01:43 AM
jlauth
2nd Gear Member

A GT with that many mods should not be very close to a moded mach. My car put down 282/292 with a bad af ratio (my Avg was 11.7) and machs are more powerful than my cobra you can mod them up to like 300/320 or damn close to it
Old 01-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jiggy_One

With the mods I have in my sig, I made 262 RWHP and 307RWTQ. I want camms too!! My numbers are pretty solid considering how lightly modded my car is and the fact that the factory says my numbers should be at the crank.....
Yeah thats pretty good, what mods do you have exactly?
Old 01-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

I have exactly whats in my sig. I am going for cams next and after hearing your car, I think I will try the VT stage 2 cams and springs. I want the agressive idle. If the difference is having the peak HP 5oo rpm higher than with the stage ones, I will still be happy with that. I also need to get the whole CAI, 75mm TB and plenum. At that point I will have it redynoed.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Heres my dyno chart. I didnt gain much more then 10 HP from the custom tune, but he did make my A/f virtually perfect and I got piece of mind that my car is running at its full potential and not in danger of running to rich or lean.

Quick Reply: Dynoed my car today...