4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

blower rubbing on hood???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:39 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default blower rubbing on hood???

hey, i was wondering if many people have had their votech S-trim's rub on their hood liner? i noticed that my hood liner kinda has been melted from the blower some and im thinkin of getting a taller hood for the clearance issues now. anyone else ever heard of this?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:59 AM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: blower rubbing on hood???

i have never heard of that. but im sure it could/has happened. just remove the hood liner
Old 01-13-2006, 03:01 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dark_Horse

i have never heard of that. but im sure it could/has happened. just remove the hood liner

yea, i thought of that.. but then i thought it wouldnt be such a good idea since then it will be metal against metal contact which would probably be worse. also, couldnt it mess up the finish on the paint of the hood from the paint getting really hot?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:06 AM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

i dont think so about the paint part but the metal part ya that probably would be bad... think that after market hoods like cowl hoods dont have liners. and when they paint the hoods some times the bake thame at like 200 degs (the dont have to but some do) so it drys faster. the paint on the inside of your engine bay on the inner fenders are painted also. i dont know go get a 2" cowl that would look Awsome.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:29 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Is it the blower rubbing or the power pipe? We had a problem with the power pipe rubbing on the Mrs' Mustang.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:32 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Is it the blower rubbing or the power pipe? We had a problem with the power pipe rubbing on the Mrs' Mustang.

its actually got both rubbing.... heres a picture that you can see the 2 points where it rubs..... you can see a little black mark on the top of the blower, that is from the hood liner melting some, i had to get all that off it. then there is also a point where the power pipe rubs on the radiator bracket that you can also see where they come close in the picture. i guess it all rubs when the motor torques over.

also... today in 2nd gear i hit 14 lbs of boost..... will that blow the motor from having to much boost? that was at 6500rpms.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:14 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Time for a taller hood. Watch those boost levels, you do see a forged bottom end in your future, don't you.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:33 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Time for a taller hood. Watch those boost levels, you do see a forged bottom end in your future, don't you.
yep, i thought i may be in need of a taller hood. do the 03-04 cobra hoods have good clearance in that area, that is my favorite hood and i really want one on my car. and i figured it may help keep the blower alittle cooler since its got the duct right in the general area of the blower. i see alot more in the future for this car than just a forged bottom end.. haha. next thing im looking into is 31spline hardened axles and a new posi unit like an eaton. then after that i will start shopping for a t-56 to put in the car so the drivetrain will then be able to take the new power levels. then im getting a forged short block from VT most likely (maybe bored or stock bore, not sure yet) around 8.5-8.6 compression. i will have stage 2 blower cams and stage 2 ported heads also. once i am done with my car (and no one is ever done with their car), it will be pretty impressive. i just am looking for a way to get traction on the street and im waiting for it to warm up to see if this will help any.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:50 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

didnt you get in a wreck a couple months ago? how did you make out with repairing it?
Old 01-14-2006, 03:28 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wwmost

didnt you get in a wreck a couple months ago? how did you make out with repairing it?

i bought the new tires for my deep dish rims for the back and put them on. i damaged 2 rims in the wreck and nothing on the body at all, thank god. so both rims that were on the left side of the car, are now on the front and ive got the deep dishes on the back.... they dont exactly match up in color with my stock front rims though and that pisses me off. ive gotta get my front repainted or buy new front ones, im thinkin of just buyin new front ones soon.

Quick Reply: blower rubbing on hood???