4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My mind said "yes", but my body said "no"

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 05:45 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default My mind said "yes", but my body said "no"

I know this has nothing to do with 4.6 tech, but I only really post in this section, because all of my peeps are in this sections, so here goes.

I was feeling really good all day yesterday, did all of my rehab exercises, etc. Last night, I decided, "screw taking a shower in the chair"...you see the Mrs got me a plastic chair that sits in the stand up shower in our down stairs bathroom.

Anyway, since I was feeling so good abd cocky, I told the Mrs, that I wanted to shower standing up like a real man...LOL BIG MISTAKE...By the time I was done, I was in so much pain and so light headed, I passed out and had to go back on oxygen to get back to normal. Once I regained conciousness, I just crashed and just woke up about 45 minutes ago.

I am really bummed, looks like this recovery is going to take as long as the docs said. Funny, how your mind can convince you how good you feel, but your body says, "hold on there, cowboy" and slaps you back to reality.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:54 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My mind said "yes", but my body said "no"

man its good to see that u came out ok. and yeah take it easy that way everything heals up right keep us posted
Old 01-14-2006, 05:55 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Take it slow bro. You have the spirit, just have some patience before you hurt yourself some more.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:58 AM
boss281
3rd Gear Member

that sucks man ..... i have asthma and sometimes when i get sick the same thing happends to me i "feel" better and try to do regular everyday stuff and that only makes it worst, so kinda know that feeling.i really hope you recover fast.....
Old 01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

mitch.....i find that i always think doctors are morons and they have no idea what they're talking about......that i know what's going on with my body better than they do..........but i'm always wrong........for some reason they learn stuff that we don't during the 14 years that surgeons are going to school.....

it's going to take you a long time after a major surgery like that.........but when you're done you'll be better stronger and faster...
Old 01-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Something tells me as soon as you recover, there will be a long night of THE SEX. I know that's what I'd do...
Old 01-14-2006, 01:30 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Hey code, take it easy man. Do not rush thing and let your healing take it's process. Iam glad that you are writing back and that you and the mrs. are doing fine. Just relax and get better. Good luck man. We are praying for you and your family.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:48 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

DId he just say "peeps"?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:56 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

I know this has nothing to do with 4.6 tech, but I only really post in this section, because all of my peeps are in this sections, so here goes.

I was feeling really good all day yesterday, did all of my rehab exercises, etc. Last night, I decided, "screw taking a shower in the chair"...you see the Mrs got me a plastic chair that sits in the stand up shower in our down stairs bathroom.

Anyway, since I was feeling so good abd cocky, I told the Mrs, that I wanted to shower standing up like a real man...LOL BIG MISTAKE...By the time I was done, I was in so much pain and so light headed, I passed out and had to go back on oxygen to get back to normal. Once I regained conciousness, I just crashed and just woke up about 45 minutes ago.

I am really bummed, looks like this recovery is going to take as long as the docs said. Funny, how your mind can convince you how good you feel, but your body says, "hold on there, cowboy" and slaps you back to reality.
Its good that you are trying though. No matter what the doctors say, the fastest way to get back to normal is to get moving around etc. Obviously not to the point you injure yourself, but just to get up and moving around again etc.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

do you have one of those shower heads that it connected to a hose so you can move it around?

Quick Reply: My mind said "yes", but my body said "no"