MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   repost sparkplug question (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/88612-repost-sparkplug-question.html)

cobra04 01-17-2006 08:15 PM

repost sparkplug question

ok please someone with a cobra answer this...gt owners stay out because cobra's spark plug change is different then a sohc engine.....i want to know how to get to the spark plugs on a 2004 cobra...i removed the two bolts that attach a plate of some sort to the valve covers supposevely the spark plugs are under that plate but i want to know how to remove the plate because it seems like its sealed or something because it wont come out after you take out the two bolts...how do i remove the plate?...again if you dont know cobras dont answer please....thanks in advance for the help...

Jglisson 01-17-2006 10:09 PM

RE: repost sparkplug question

Besides myself, I doubt anyone is going to answer your smart ass post. Change your attitude and you might get some help.

99REDGT 01-17-2006 10:43 PM

Id help ya but I drive a GT [:o] good luck!

Jglisson 01-17-2006 11:25 PM

I am a SVT certified technician and I am the only tech in a 75 mile radius that is allowed to touch a Ford SVT vehicle that is under warranty. But then...I don't own one, so I can'T help you.

98GTstang 01-18-2006 12:54 AM

I think if you cant remove spark plugs without asking for help, then you shouldnt even open the hood of ur stang. Take it to a mechanic. Hows that for a gt owner?

SilverGTV8 01-18-2006 08:49 AM

I own a GT but I shouldn't help[>:]. Just cause we drive GTs doens't mean we don't know anything about 4v motors[:@]. I bet most of us "GT" owners know more about the 4v then you apprently do;).............

Anyway you just remove the 2 bolts. There is a weather strip aound the cover that when it gets warm cause the cover to stick. Just carefully pry it up and you will be able to get at your plugs and wires.........

Hows that for an answer?[>:] Hmmmm us "GT" owners don't know dick:eek:................

nanaki 01-18-2006 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: SilverGTV8

I own a GT but I shouldn't help[>:]. Just cause we drive GTs doens't mean we don't know anything about 4v motors[:@]. I bet most of us "GT" owners know more about the 4v then you apprently do;).............

Anyway you just remove the 2 bolts. There is a weather strip aound the cover that when it gets warm cause the cover to stick. Just carefully pry it up and you will be able to get at your plugs and wires.........

Hows that for an answer?[>:] Hmmmm us "GT" owners don't know dick:eek:................
somebody edit this post please. he's a GT owner.

Tim37 01-18-2006 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Jglisson

I am a SVT certified technician and I am the only tech in a 75 mile radius that is allowed to touch a Ford SVT vehicle that is under warranty. But then...I don't own one, so I can'T help you.
lol

Yeah i would help too i have had my hands on a 4v but since i don't own one i can't help.

pete1665 01-18-2006 01:18 PM

Wow... IM glad I'm not the only one that took offense to that. I was going to rip him a new one but it appears he's already been sufficiently ripped...

Dan04COBRA 01-18-2006 01:20 PM

Goodluck.