4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Hit n Run...my mustang was in an accident today

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

Default Hit n Run...my mustang was in an accident today

Well... at 12:30 today... my baby got into an accident.. a pretty nasty one at that. I was driving along when with a truck about 3 -4 car lengths ahead of me, when a 16 year old in a red gran prix jumped in front the truck in front of me and slammed on the brakes. The truck slammed on the brakes.. and then there was me,not having abs and the ground being wet. I couldnt get into any other lane... nor could i have ever stopped in time. The truck hit the car before i hit him... where i did no damage to the truck. My car was a different story. The whole front passanger side was messed up and my air bags deployed. The guy in the gran prix who caused the accident ran off because his car was "untouched". AKA HE PROBABLY DIDNT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE. The other guy and i were left there... not sure what to do. We decided not to call the cops due to the fact it would only make things worse (no offense code3), We would have both be cited and got tickets. The guy i hit said his truck was fine, and not to worry about it. So here i am typing this out...with a mess up car.. my lungs hurt from the dust... and waiting for the insurance adjuster.... I hate Gran Prixs !@#$ em'.

Sorry about the rant... just upset my baby is hurtin..
Old 01-17-2006, 11:35 PM

Default RE: Hit n Run...my mustang was in an accident today

Tiime for a new edge!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Never smart to not file a report, but atleast you are okay.

Insurance is going to let you file a claim for an accident without a police report? Does your state keep record of your driving points? Insurance will most likely cite you at fault and still nail you with a surcharge.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

Well i'm not to familiar with th state laws, but i know since i'm fully covered... if my car gets messed up... its covered. I pay 200 a month just for this reason. I know it wasn't a good idea...but everything looks like its going to be ok. My insurance agent said that they'll fix it, and that my insurance might go up like 10 bucks a month.

But yeah i'm still pissed, and if i ever see the driver of the gran prix again he's getting his a$$ laid out.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

And what do u mean a new edge?!!?
Old 01-18-2006, 01:05 AM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

that sux man, hope it get's worked out for ya....

and by new edge, he means a 99+ GT
Old 01-18-2006, 01:10 AM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

yeah, I ran into "something" and didnt do the whole police report (might have been a little crazy drivin' ) .... Man, is full coverage a great thing!!
Old 01-18-2006, 01:35 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

that sucks![:'(]
Old 01-18-2006, 02:24 AM
crazangel14
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dsmfighter

Well... at 12:30 today... my baby got into an accident.. a pretty nasty one at that. I was driving along when with a truck about 3 -4 car lengths ahead of me, when a 16 year old in a red gran prix jumped in front the truck in front of me and slammed on the brakes. The truck slammed on the brakes.. and then there was me,not having abs and the ground being wet. I couldnt get into any other lane... nor could i have ever stopped in time. The truck hit the car before i hit him... where i did no damage to the truck. My car was a different story. The whole front passanger side was messed up and my air bags deployed. The guy in the gran prix who caused the accident ran off because his car was "untouched". AKA HE PROBABLY DIDNT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE. The other guy and i were left there... not sure what to do. We decided not to call the cops due to the fact it would only make things worse (no offense code3), We would have both be cited and got tickets. The guy i hit said his truck was fine, and not to worry about it. So here i am typing this out...with a mess up car.. my lungs hurt from the dust... and waiting for the insurance adjuster.... I hate Gran Prixs !@#$ em'.

Sorry about the rant... just upset my baby is hurtin..
STUPID KID, Ghey Gran prix. im sorry [:'(]
Old 01-18-2006, 03:04 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

hunt that kid down and kill him. thats what i would do...

Quick Reply: Hit n Run...my mustang was in an accident today