4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What yall think about 20 inch rims?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 07:35 PM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What yall think about 20 inch rims?

I have seen a 98 GT with 20's around the area I live in. It looked like a 4x4 truck or somethign because it was riding so high. Plus The rims looked like belong on a caddy or something. I have not seen any 20's that are cobra, cobra r, saleen, or bullits etc but I still don't think it would look very good. 20" tires would be a bit mroe than 18" tires right?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:40 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

OH NO you guys took down the bling bling guy with the V6 pics oh that was PRICELESS
Old 01-18-2006, 09:56 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

they should have left the pics up, and just edited our posts.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:05 AM
bereaplayer

Old 01-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Many of us have been 16 and paid for everything, and worked 2 jobs while in school and all through college. Don't feel to special about it, a lot of people work hard.

It's the part that your so worried about everyone looking at you and feeling special that has me a bit worried...

Either way...you ask for an opinion on a public forum and that's what you got. Some honest ones, some lame ones, and some useless garbage.

I still say ditch the large "rims"(they've been WHEELS since they were invented in the stone age) and go with a set of 17's or a18's at the most. Back it up with some quailty drop-springs and shocks/struts. Then, not only will you turn the heads that your so worried about...but your vehicle will actually FUNCTION BETTER.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:13 AM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Bereaplayer, reply to the PM I sent you.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:11 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bereaplayer

you guys are whack...a bunch of grown men making fun of teenagers having fun with there cars. everytime we pass, heads turn. Imagine how that feels, everyone looking at your car. Feels preety good when youre 16 paying for your car and everything in it. Oh yea its pretty lame when you guys took my guys posts off. what yall scared or somethin? And whats with the guy making fun of black people? i thought this was a mustang website, not a race roast. Ive seen much more white males trying to impress with what you call "bling bling" than black people.
well if you read most forum sites and check out this site a little more, youll notice we dont speak ebonics here
Old 01-19-2006, 01:24 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

my reply post to the pics was serious, the person who posted the pics was clearly attempting to be gangster, and IMO made an idiot out of himself. If he would have just posted the pics and said "hey whats up, do you like my rims", that would have been a different story. but what he typed was retarted and it clearly looked like it was posted as a joke. Also, im not making fun of any race. i love all races.[sm=smiley31.gif] Hey ive been called a cracker alot. Just asking a question.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:40 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StickShiftyGT

my reply post to the pics was serious, the person who posted the pics was clearly attempting to be gangster, and IMO made an idiot out of himself. If he would have just posted the pics and said "hey whats up, do you like my rims", that would have been a different story. but what he typed was retarted and it clearly looked like it was posted as a joke. Also, im not making fun of any race. i love all races.[sm=smiley31.gif] Hey ive been called a cracker alot. Just asking a question.
well now no one gets to see all the pics and comments he made so its hard to talk about.... FYI he posted like 6 pics of a v6 mustang with 20 inch spinners and some sort of rear light kit, and wrote all kinds of gangster stuff like were jealous and hes cool, did i miss anything.... oh wait yes, he can tow a trailer with it....... and there is alot of 16-22 year old people on this site so dont make it out like were all old folks making fun of young people....just dont make yourself a target
Old 01-19-2006, 01:46 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i personally dont like big rims on muscle cars. 18's and 19s MAX. and if they were big, they would have to be more of a sporty rim. i dont like rims that are real flashy like the ones on that red mustang, sorry it just doesnt appeal to me. i think that a rim kinda like this on my truck would look good on a stang (smaller size of course, those are 22")

just dont rice out your stang man, i'd go 18's on it. that would look killer! and not to mention its alot cheaper on tires than having to get like some 265/25/r20's... that could get really pricey.

Quick Reply: What yall think about 20 inch rims?