4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Spring Recommendations Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:57 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default Spring Recommendations Please

Well I want about a 1.5" Drop for my car and not sure exactly what springs I want to go with....that is IF my current setup never settles in. Currently the passenger side sits about an inch higher then the driver side (3 finger gap driver side, 4 finger gap passenger side), it is more noticeable on the passenger front then the rear. If they do not settle in and sit even within the next week I am going to be looking into getting a new set of springs. Anyone got any recommendations? I currently have H&R Sport Springs that I am not pleased with the uneven stance, I really just hope they settle in even...but its been 4-5 days already and I haven't seen them budge even a little bit.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Master
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Spring Recommendations Please

well i personally would drop it any... if you race the car it hinders the weight distribution, if your going for looks 1.5 drop is great... if you go any more then you may need to do more then just springs... and then have to worry about tire/rim combos
Old 01-24-2006, 06:29 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

Well i would have said to go with the H&r springs, but obviously that didn't work. On my old mustnag i had dropzone and those were a 2 inch drop and they looked very good and even. My new one i plan on getting the wibach sportline. but are they truely h&r?? because that is what i wanted and i am now thinking different. so tell me what's up
Old 01-24-2006, 10:44 AM
white04gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangc83

Well i would have said to go with the H&r springs, but obviously that didn't work. On my old mustnag i had dropzone and those were a 2 inch drop and they looked very good and even. My new one i plan on getting the wibach sportline. but are they truely h&r?? because that is what i wanted and i am now thinking different. so tell me what's up

Eibach lol
Old 01-24-2006, 11:29 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangc83

Yes, mine are H&R...alot of people on here have them and don't have any problems. I must have just gotten the unlucky set.

ORIGINAL: Master

well i personally would drop it any... if you race the car it hinders the weight distribution, if your going for looks 1.5 drop is great... if you go any more then you may need to do more then just springs... and then have to worry about tire/rim combos
Any racing I will do will most likely be stop light to stop light or on the freeway. My closest 1/4 mile track is too far of a drive for my liking, I may do it every once in a while, but not very often. The car is my daily driver, and I do realize it messes up the weight distribution, thats why I only want a 1.5" drop, not a really low 2+" drop or anything like that. Plus I dont need the ricer problem of scraping everywhere I go, lol. I just dont like the 4x4 look of the stock suspension, and I want the car to look really clean. Heres a question, if I were to cut stock springs, would they be soft enough to still have good weight transfer and give me the nice look I'm trying to achieve?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:29 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

To drop your car 1.5', get eibach pro-kit.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

are you sure you dont have one or more of the springs in wrong????
Old 01-24-2006, 11:44 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Miliock

are you sure you dont have one or more of the springs in wrong????
Lol I already made a 2page thread about whats wrong with the current spring setup, and no they are not in wrong. I redid the job twice to make sure and took it to a shop to have it checked out and everything is in correctly. Since then I have gotten another shops opinion and they too said everything is in correctly. Both shops have said they will either settle in with time or the springs are defective.

edit: Anyone ever tried B+G Sport Springs on their Mustang? I had them on my Probe GT and I loved them, wonder if they are any good for the Mustang.