4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Vortech of Kenne Bell Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:34 AM
FastGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Vortech of Kenne Bell Supercharger

I have to choose
Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech of Kenne Bell Supercharger

It depends on what you are doing with the car, and what type of those superchargers you are looking to get. First, whats your setup on your car, which type of supercharger from those companies are you looking at, and do you want the car to be more of a daily driver or a track car. Both companies mkae great blowers but it depends on you. Personaly i like vortech cuase you dont hit boost untill later in the rpms which is great for daily driving.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:21 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

meh, i think a vortech would be much better if you've never even sat behind the wheel of a car with a roots/twin screw before. all that power off the line and you're just going to sit there forever and spin. with a vortech or any other centrifugal type super, you won't make any boost until about 3000.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:10 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

I cant vote bro, I am currently pondering between Procharger and Kenne Bell atm for my kit. lol

ORIGINAL: Kadence

It depends on what you are doing with the car, and what type of those superchargers you are looking to get. First, whats your setup on your car, which type of supercharger from those companies are you looking at, and do you want the car to be more of a daily driver or a track car. Both companies mkae great blowers but it depends on you. Personaly i like vortech cuase you dont hit boost untill later in the rpms which is great for daily driving.
Thats funny, we have completely different views on the daily driving aspects here. I personally would think a Kenne Bell would be much more fun for a daily driven car since you build your boost so fast it gives you that fun feeling of having lots of torque down low. Kinda like all these guys that have 4.10s talking about how it made their stang so much more fun to drive. Centrifugals seem like they are for all-out racing. I still cant decide though, because both styles appeal to me. At the moment I am leaning toward the Kenne Bell since it is such a complete kit and I think the down-low torque would be really fun for daily driving. I love torque!

Old 01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

I said vortech because it's a good deal for the money. If money is no object then KB all the way.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

What i meant by daily driver is that its better on the gas mileage becuase you dont hit boost untill 3000 rpm, as the fun aspect of it, then yes a kb is funner, i plan on getting the 2.4 eventualy to replace the vortech, but not untill i get a second vehicle.