4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

help!!! Rear Diff Toast???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: help!!! Rear Diff Toast???

Don't take any advice from the Manager.

Make sure you stay 'civil' for now, get it in writing that they will pay for repairs on what they damaged, this is an ABSOLUTE MUST!!!!!!!!!! Of course when they inspected it they were going to say they found no damage. They are oil monkeys, they have no clue what to look for....

2nd, two quotes from other mechanics on paper, at the very least. The last thing you want to do is go to small claims court, it'll cost about $75, maybe more to complete a lawsuit in small claims and it'll be a huge hassle.

As for now, get everything in writing and some quotes for repairs or even have the mechanics call and explain the damages. Have everything ready to hand over to your lawyer, just in case..
Old 01-25-2006, 08:12 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

2nd, two quotes from other mechanics on paper, at the very least. The last thing you want to do is go to small claims court, it'll cost about $75, maybe more to complete a lawsuit in small claims and it'll be a huge hassle.

I disagree about taking a case to small claims court. If they refuse to pay to him, what's he gonna do? Form a boycott to teach them a lesson? If it turns out that he is intitled to the money, and they refuse to pay him, his best bet would be to go to court. But, I wouldn only go to court if necessary. If they agree to pay for the repairs, then great, problem solved. And yes, get EVERYTHING in writing, basically get them to admit that they F&cked you over on paper. So that if you do have to go to court, they will be more or less defenseless.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I'm assuming you've never dealt with the bullcrap of small claims, MustangMafia. Believe me, the last thing you want to do is end up in small claims. If you come unprepared or you blunder on something, you will lose.

Not only will it cost money, you'll need advice or have a lawyer with you, which will cost $$. In the end, you'll barely have enough $$ to cover the repairs, if you are lucky.

If you took a minute to interpret my post rather than skim past it and respond, you would have seen that I meant going to small claims as a last resort, which is ironic because you basically said the same thing as me.

I don't appreciate the smartass remarks. You are outta your league when it comes to being a ***** [8D]
Old 01-25-2006, 08:18 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

so if I need a new rear end, any recomendations as to what I should get? Should I just replace it with an oem part, or should I get something else? I plan on getting a s/c in the next year....
Old 01-25-2006, 08:23 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

I disagree about taking a case to small claims court. If they refuse to pay to him, what's he gonna do? Form a boycott to teach them a lesson? If it turns out that he is intitled to the money, and they refuse to pay him, his best bet would be to go to court. But, I wouldn only go to court if necessary. If they agree to pay for the repairs, then great, problem solved. And yes, get EVERYTHING in writing, basically get them to admit that they F&cked you over on paper. So that if you do have to go to court, they will be more or less defenseless.
it's the documentation that's the key. If he can get them to admit that they were in the wrong somehow ON PAPER, he has them by teh *******. They don't have to say "we were wrong" but agreeing to pay for damages caused by their negligence is the same thing.

If you could smell it and there was noise and smoke, there probably IS some damage. Even if the gears are not obviously burnt to the eye, they may be weakened and the differential parts aren't happy unless they are half submerged in fluid LOL.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:00 AM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

any suggestions on what I should get if I have to replace my rear end? After market rear end? ANything more heavy duty to handle a future s/c
Old 01-26-2006, 01:07 AM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

moser 31 spindle axles.
then a ford racing 31 spindle trac-loc, that or an eaton, or auburn
basicly just go with the 31 spindle instead of the stock 28 spindle
And ford racing gears, 3.73, 4.10 depending on if the supercharger is going to be twin screw orcentrifical