4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I WANT A NEW EXHAUST WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:15 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I WANT A NEW EXHAUST WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?

easy its called www.mustangexhaust.com
Old 01-27-2006, 12:18 AM
goody03
1st Gear Member

I have the slp loud mouth II‘s and I hate them. It sounds like a dump truck from the inside of the car. I love the chambered mufflers better, like the flowmaster, mac mrt, etc.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:21 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goody03

I have the slp loud mouth II‘s and I hate them. It sounds like a dump truck from the inside of the car. I love the chambered mufflers better, like the flowmaster, mac mrt, etc.
Lol, I hate SLPs sound and I dont even have them...every sound clip I have ever heard of them sounded like *** to me though. BUT, everyone has their own preferences, so please no one try to kill me now.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:24 AM
hack_239
1st Gear Member

I have the Magnaflow Magnapack cat back system. Everything else is bone stock. The first day I drove it to work, I got pulled over by a cop who thought I was driving too fast from the company parking lot to a stop sign. I little research proved that the distance from dead stop, up to speed and back to dead stop (stop sign at intersection) was measured at 228 ft. I also tested the top speed in 1st gear to be 35 mph without going into the red. I said all that to say this. I never exceeded the speed limit, at least not more that 5-7 mph, in order to warrant getting pulled over. I was pulled over, in my opinion, because the exhaust was too loud. I really love the sound of this system. No drone like slowmaster. Sound is tolerable under normal conditions and sounds incredible at WOT.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:31 AM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

check my sig,

My sound is deep, like it's coming from the center of the earth and loud once you get into the throttle. I don't know anyone else though in the forums with my setup.

My crowning achievement will be the sound of some stage 2 cams eventually.[8D]
Old 01-27-2006, 10:35 AM
mxracer1618
1st Gear Member

I have slp I's with an magnaflow x-pipe. It sounds awesome at all rpm's, its deep and loud. I have had the slp catback on since summer but just put on the magnalfow x-pipe about 3 weeks ago, i can't even begin to tell you how many compliments i have gotten.

chris
Old 01-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

Agreed.. I love the sound of my magnapacks.. and I can't wait to get my catless-x installed. The magnapacks give your car that "I'm gonna F you up" sound. I've been told that with a catless x it gives it a lil more rasp, and makes it quite a bit louder. For the people who tell you its too loud, ignore them. It'll sound good,Dont be a priss, and its an american V-8... not a n/a rice rocket.

ORIGINAL: hack_239

I have the Magnaflow Magnapack cat back system. Everything else is bone stock. The first day I drove it to work, I got pulled over by a cop who thought I was driving too fast from the company parking lot to a stop sign. I little research proved that the distance from dead stop, up to speed and back to dead stop (stop sign at intersection) was measured at 228 ft. I also tested the top speed in 1st gear to be 35 mph without going into the red. I said all that to say this. I never exceeded the speed limit, at least not more that 5-7 mph, in order to warrant getting pulled over. I was pulled over, in my opinion, because the exhaust was too loud. I really love the sound of this system. No drone like slowmaster. Sound is tolerable under normal conditions and sounds incredible at WOT.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

get what ever you like, just do not buy MAC! The quality is all but non-existant
Old 01-27-2006, 12:13 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

ORIGINAL:mxracer1618
I have slp I's with an magnaflow x-pipe. It sounds awesome at all rpm's, its deep and loud.
youre like, the first person ive ever heard say that SLP I's were deep at all[>:]

SLP I and Borla Stingers are most likely gonna be your 2 loudest catbacks, with Borla being much more $$ but having a more 'pleasing' tone, or sound

SLP II's, Anything Bassanni, Magnaflow, Magnapack, any of the 10,000 Flowmaster catbacks, all good choices,
im pretty sure that as long as you dont just run straight pipes you'll be happy

if youre intersted, i have about 5 clips of my stingers with an o/r H
ive only heard one person say they didnt like it cause of the 'burble' at idle
Old 01-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

David_K

bore and stroke your motor out to 327ci and run open long tubes. youll like the sound
so what do you think my 5.4 will sound like? its a 330

Quick Reply: I WANT A NEW EXHAUST WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?