4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help me settle an argument

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:05 AM
LazrRd00GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Help me settle an argument

My mom thinks she knows everything and she does (hence the name: "mom") but not when it comes to cars, especially not MY car! Well she thinks that wider tires follow more ruts and have LESS traction on wet and dry roadway, and all of this started when i ordered wider rims and tires for my car, I BOUGHT and/or PAYED for the rims/tires for MY car, not hers, So this all affects her in NO way, i cant understand why she is b**ching about it.

Oh yeah, the poll is for voting results on traction; vote "traction" if u say that wider tires yeild more traction, and "no traction" if you think they dont give more traction -OR- vote yes if you agree with me, and no if u agree with lucifer.........("mom") lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/16940/BE3FD15331E2459F9BA792AB9F098CD5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-27-2006, 09:11 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Help me settle an argument

so just put them on then, you paid for them, i dont listen to my mom at all when it comes to cars, even when she gets my step-father involved (works at a dealer and still doent know sh*t)
Old 01-27-2006, 09:17 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LazrRd00GT

My mom thinks she knows everything and she does (hence the name: "mom") but not when it comes to cars, especially not MY car! Well she thinks that wider tires follow more ruts and have LESS traction on wet and dry roadway, and all of this started when i ordered wider rims and tires for my car, I BOUGHT and/or PAYED for the rims/tires for MY car, not hers, So this all affects her in NO way, i cant understand why she is b**ching about it.

Oh yeah, the poll is for voting results on traction; vote "traction" if u say that wider tires yeild more traction, and "no traction" if you think they dont give more traction -OR- vote yes if you agree with me, and no if u agree with lucifer.........("mom") lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/16940/BE3FD15331E2459F9BA792AB9F098CD5.jpg[/IMG]
I really dont think you'll have more or less traction. Atleast not that you will notice. Do what you want man, its your car. But if you live at home I would watch it, especially if your 18 or older. I know of to many people who were 18 or older and lived at home and when they did something their parents didnt like, they got kicked out, some for good, some just for a week or so. Do what you want, just dont **** her off too much.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:19 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

so just put them on then, you paid for them, i dont listen to my mom at all when it comes to cars, even when she gets my step-father involved (works at a dealer and still doent know sh*t)
Dont you just laugh when you have someone who works at a dealership or shop and dont know ****? Happens quite often if you ask me. I know of guys who go to dealerships to order stuff and the tech doesnt know what they are talking about so they have to go somewhere else or talk to other techs. Dumbasses.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:24 AM
LazrRd00GT
2nd Gear Member

I know how ya feel man, Theres alot more to cars than gas and oil changes. Speaking of gas, my mom had to drive my car to work a few months ago and it was the last time when i found out that she filled my tank up with reg. unleaded at a f'ing BJ's gas station. Not only did she go to a very low end gas station, she filled it up with regular, not premium, not mid grade, regular! She doesnt under stand the concept of keeping an engine running cleaner.

But she insists that it's all the same and makes no difference!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I know how ya feel man, Theres alot more to cars than gas and oil changes. Speaking of gas, my mom had to drive my car to work a few months ago and it was the last time when i found out that she filled my tank up with reg. unleaded at a f'ing BJ's gas station. Not only did she go to a very low end gas station, she filled it up with regular, not premium, not mid grade, regular! She doesnt under stand the concept of keeping an engine running cleaner.

But she insists that it's all the same and makes no difference!
Actually I believe running regular unleaded on a GT is fine. Your basically wasting money if you put premium or anything else in it. You only need higher is if your boosted or running with a tune and need to run higher. A stock GT or minor bolt on GT only needs regular unleaded.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:39 AM
LazrRd00GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Dont you just laugh when you have someone who works at a dealership or shop and dont know ****? Happens quite often if you ask me. I know of guys who go to dealerships to order stuff and the tech doesnt know what they are talking about so they have to go somewhere else or talk to other techs. Dumbasses.

The last time i was at the ford dealership, i embarrassed the hell out of some 30 year old. The problem was that i was changing my oil(motor oil) one day and looked up at the tranny pan and noticed that it had fluid leaking around it; and since i had brought it to ford for a full tranny fluid flush not 2 weeks before this, i kina had a hint as to who did it! I brought the car to them and they agreed to change the tranny pan seal and i explained to the guy that they had overfilled it the last time and i think that could've had something to do with it leaking. Well they changed it and it started leaking again, how odd, they overfilled it again! So i brought it back again and They changed it again. But this time, i asked the guy if they overfilled it or not this time and he said that he did not. I told him that i am going to check it and he said some assnine comment to the extent of me being a little kid, when in fact im now 17 yrs old, i just look like i'm 15. I checked it and it was overfilled again. I went and got the guy and told him, he basically called me a liar so i drove the car in the shop and popped the hood. Right in front of some customers and employee's I checked the tranny fluid level and showed him that it was too high. He didnt know what to say! They eventually took some fluid out but i know that i will change my own tranny fluid from now on.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:44 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

The last time i was at the ford dealership, i embarrassed the hell out of some 30 year old. The problem was that i was changing my oil(motor oil) one day and looked up at the tranny pan and noticed that it had fluid leaking around it; and since i had brought it to ford for a full tranny fluid flush not 2 weeks before this, i kina had a hint as to who did it! I brought the car to them and they agreed to change the tranny pan seal and i explained to the guy that they had overfilled it the last time and i think that could've had something to do with it leaking. Well they changed it and it started leaking again, how odd, they overfilled it again! So i brought it back again and They changed it again. But this time, i asked the guy if they overfilled it or not this time and he said that he did not. I told him that i am going to check it and he said some assnine comment to the extent of me being a little kid, when in fact im now 17 yrs old, i just look like i'm 15. I checked it and it was overfilled again. I went and got the guy and told him, he basically called me a liar so i drove the car in the shop and popped the hood. Right in front of some customers and employee's I checked the tranny fluid level and showed him that it was too high. He didnt know what to say! They eventually took some fluid out but i know that i will change my own tranny fluid from now on.
The same thing happened at the Wal-mart I used to work at. The people who worked in Tire Lube Express did some guys oil and forgot to seal everything and put the oil pan back on and the guys oil leaked all out from under the car as he left. Man was he pissed, I'm not sure what happened to the guys who did the oil. It was a funny thought though.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:20 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

A wider tire will have less traction on wet conditions.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

+1, if your wanting better traction get a tire with a better compound material. I used to think that "bigger is better". Not always true. In this case, wider will give you less traction in the wet, and very minimal traction on dry pavement. Heres a for instance, i used to have a set of 205/50/16 on my old cavalier (first car).. it went 16.58 in the 1/4. I put a set of 225/50/16's on.. and went 16.8..
ORIGINAL: code3GT

A wider tire will have less traction on wet conditions.

Quick Reply: Help me settle an argument