4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

For all you LoudMouthers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 01:36 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: For all you LoudMouthers!

sounds deeper than i thought slp I's did
not too shabby
Old 01-28-2006, 01:36 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

LoL, yea I see yours now..

And yeah I know his said SLP X, but that doesn't tell me anything... I need to know if its an offroad pipe or catted..?

And also on yours? Do you think that the cats make it sound significantly quieter? Because I really don't want a BAD raspy sound, I want it to sound like the car in the video. That is loud as hell, but no real rasp to it.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:57 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

WTF, every fukin video ive seen of SLP exhaust I hated....but that made me horny.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:13 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

I really didnt think I was gonna like it based on what I heard online. Now I am absolutely in love with it.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:23 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

As I keep saying... the Loudmouth setup really has to be heard in person.

Well, in all honesty it really is strange. Mine sounds quite a bit like that video, except that one you can hear idling better than mine. The one on the video is just basically a bit louder.

I went to a Mustang meet a while back before I had anything done to my car, and heard one with Loudmouth 1. It sounded absolutely horrible, one of the worst setups I've ever heard. Every time he let off the gas pedal it made this scratchy, cackling, popping noise all the way down to idle. He thought it was the greatest sound ever, but it was like nails on a chalkboard. Then I head some videos here and there that were really good like this one and decided to take the plunge.

I'm not sure what the secret is, or why some Stangs sound like *** with these pipes...but with the right setup it's amazing
Old 01-28-2006, 02:33 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

As I keep saying... the Loudmouth setup really has to be heard in person.

Well, in all honesty it really is strange. Mine sounds quite a bit like that video, except that one you can hear idling better than mine. The one on the video is just basically a bit louder.

I went to a Mustang meet a while back before I had anything done to my car, and heard one with Loudmouth 1. It sounded absolutely horrible, one of the worst setups I've ever heard. Every time he let off the gas pedal it made this scratchy, cackling, popping noise all the way down to idle. He thought it was the greatest sound ever, but it was like nails on a chalkboard. Then I head some videos here and there that were really good like this one and decided to take the plunge.

I'm not sure what the secret is, or why some Stangs sound like *** with these pipes...but with the right setup it's amazing
Agreed. I have heard some clips of the LM1 that made it sound like crap. They kind of discouraged me from getting it. I heard others that sounded really good. But the best time I have ever heard the system was on my own car in real life. I'm not sure what it is that would change the sound from vehicle to vehicle (maybe higher mileage, different mods, headers/midpipe) but I really do like it and it has sounded nothing really like any of the clips I have listened to.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:51 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

See I told you after this video you will fall in love.

Im still trying to figure out this guys exact setup, because you guys are totally correct. Depending on the car and the setup it is going to sound either good or bad. Loudmouths sound terrible on 4V cars ie Cobras, so if you own a Cobra stay away from SLP. They sound the best on GT setups from what I have read and heard personally, but you still have to make sure you are getting to correct setup, because I have heard to very good Loudmouth clips however with different results....

1. Sounds very good, but at times sounds like there are marbles in the muffler

2. (The video I posted above) Sounds absolutely orgasmic amazing best sound I have ever heard kind of sound, thats why Im still trying to figure out his setup... And I will let you all know once I do.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:57 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

I thought it lists his setup at the beginning of the video?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:39 PM
mosnet23
2nd Gear Member

Okay I was going to go with a borla setup...........now I want a SLP setup. That video is NIicccceee, and a really good choice for the Thrice song playing.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:57 PM
mosnet23
2nd Gear Member

Hey does anyone know with that setup will it sound just as good on a 96 to 98 with a PI head swap?

Quick Reply: For all you LoudMouthers!