4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

Default Accident

So im sitting at the stop light when the guy in front of me decides that hes to far out in the intersection and back right into my car [:@]. So my front bumper is completley messed up and i noticed creases in the paint on my hood. Also when i drove the car i noticed a knocking type sound from somewhere up front and also something is vibrating like crazy underneath my shifter when its in gear. Could an accident like this mess something up that bad? Also what else should i check for, and what can i make him fix.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 PM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Accident

Damn dude that sux.....he must have back up pretty fast to do that kinda damage. His insurance should cover everything.....you did call the cops and do a report right? As far as the knocking....is it coming from the motor or something else? How far did it push the front end in?
Old 01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

You did report it to your insurance right? If you did and you are not at fault at all. You will more than likely get everything paid for without a higher premium.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:51 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

that really sucks, i hope you called the cops b/c his insurance would have to pay for everything.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:52 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

And you're also legally required to report an incident like that
Old 01-27-2006, 08:58 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

You did report it to your insurance right? If you did and you are not at fault at all. You will more than likely get everything paid for without a higher premium.
I would say it's more like 140000 billion % chance that he won't get a higher premium for an accident in which he is not at fault.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:21 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

yeah, I hope you reported it. At which time, his insurance pays to restore your car to the proper condition. Sounds like maybe a motor mount got bent and that may explain the sound coming from under the shifter. This is not going to be a cheap repair by any means.

George
Old 01-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

Yea i did everything and he admited he was at fault, damage done so far that we have seen, i need a new front bumper, the hood and two fenders need to be repainted. Both my headlights were knocked loose, and my fog lights were pushed way far up into the bumper and no longer come on. We figured out the knocking was from the radiator fan.And to top it off, the plastic covering on my fender well got knock loose when i was driving it and it got warapped around the wheel. I had to pull it out and it put a huge gash into my car. My intake is down in there so now its exposed to wahtever dirt and wahtever else my car kicks up into it so i cant drive it anymore. But thankfully he admitted everything and so hes paying for it all, i have no idea how much it will cost. I feel sorry for the kid though becuase hes only 16 and he told his mom all he did was scratch my bumper.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Wow 16 years old and a wreck like that? I would feel sorry for him too, if it wasnt for retarded drivers like that making paying insurance on nice cars tough for all us the other young guys. Just take it to the best shop in town and have them do a full inspection and repair everything that was damaged. The other guy's insurance should pay for a rental car until your car is fixed.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:00 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

you should also ask his insurance company to pay for depreciated value since your car has been in an accident. Where i live it is not a law that they pay it but i got 500 anyways

Quick Reply: Accident