4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

borla or slp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 02:28 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: borla or slp?

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU SEE BORLA FOR $579.00????????????????
Old 01-30-2006, 02:33 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

im not sure which way you are giong with this

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU SEE BORLA FOR $579.00???????????????? its usually more!
or
WHERE THE HELL DID YOU SEE BORLA FOR $579.00???????????????? thats exspensive!

i got mine for about 500 even this spring, though the price has gone up steadily
i believe the last place i saw it for 580 was rmpoutlet.. if i were you, i would look around a whole lot more though

there are many many sites and lots of them run sales[8D]
Old 01-30-2006, 04:13 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

Only Borla owners will tell you to go Borla.
i know PLENTY of people on this forum alone that say the best 99-04 they have heard in person had a borla catback

im not saying one is better than teh other,, its 2 completely different tastes

slp is a raw, more aggressive unrefined loud catback, whiile the LM II catback is deep and loud, but still rather raw sounding

Borla is different from any other catback in terms of sound
its very loud, louder than any of them but the LM I's, but the tone is more refined than anything slp can even come close to touching
if you want a car that is loud, but sounds very tuned, borla is hands down a better choice

i absolutely hate it when peopole say as a matter of fact, that one brand is better than another, it just shows their ignorance
how'd you come to this conclusion? i assume you've heard all 3 of SLPs mufflers with every brand of X and H, catted and off road. as well as the borla with every single midpipe combination.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:19 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

i know PLENTY of people on this forum alone that say the best 99-04 they have heard in person had a borla catback

slp is a raw, more aggressive unrefined loud catback, whiile the LM II catback is deep and loud, but still rather raw sounding

its very loud, louder than any of them but the LM I's, but the tone is more refined than anything slp can even come close to touching
if you want a car that is loud, but sounds very tuned, borla is hands down a better choice

i absolutely hate it when peopole say as a matter of fact, that one brand is better than another, it just shows their ignorance
the last line of what you said is completely disagreeing with the rest of your post. you say borla is hand down the better choice and then you proceed to call yourself ignorant. weird.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:49 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

the last line of what you said is completely disagreeing with the rest of your post. you say borla is hand down the better choice and then you proceed to call yourself ignorant. weird.
IF you want something with more tone than the LM Is

jesus guys, im the one on here trying to mediate all the bitching between different exhausts,and you jump on my ***
**** it
Old 01-30-2006, 04:57 PM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

I would get borla cuz you don't see it much often and sounds great from what i heard.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

If you want to spend $800 for some bent metal pipes, go for it.
borla stingers can be found for about $500ish...slp can be found for about $400ish...its only 100 more for really good quality exhaust...i dont know where you are getting your $800 figure from.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:12 PM
JBug

My car has borla mufflers. I don't really know what series it is, wish I did, it was on the car when i bought it. Still has the factory cats in place. The guy I bought the car from had it done at his fav muffler shop, all i can say is it must be a diff series muffler than you see with the pre-fabbed cat-back systems. At idle unless you are close behind the car you can't tell that it has an aftermarket system. But once you hit 2500rpm and up it really starts to scream. I love the tone, but am hoping that an O/R X pipe will make the idle and lower rpm's more noticeable. Like I said i love the tone, just wish mine was a bit louder........Also had the thought to get an aftermarket catted X and a set of Violators......I think they sound absolutely wicked, but don't think i could handle the full on no cat sound level, I wanna be able to hear my music lol...though if you have an O/R pipe and violators I'd love to hear your personal opinion.

Later,

Bug
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

I had the Stinger with a Bassani O/R X pipe , it sounded very good at WOT however the lower rpms were a bity too raspy for me. And also it popped like hell. I just threw my catted x back on it that fixed that. I have a video i took of it with the O/R x before i sold it, lemme see if i can find it.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

Heres the vid of the Stingers with an O/R x pipe, didnt like it to much, its was wayyyyyyyy louder in person.

http://www.zshare.net/video/mov01225-mpg.html