4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Boooo @ Mustangs!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Boooo @ Mustangs!!!!

Maybe you just need a new driver
Old 01-31-2006, 03:33 PM
IROLLSALEEN
2nd Gear Member

what are your 60' times?If you dont run under 2 seconds you can forget about the low 13's,,, in my opinion.my buddy and i raced this weekend(he has an 05 gt stock) the car just wont hook. get some gears and dr's
Old 01-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Miliock

Maybe you just need a new driver
+1
Old 01-31-2006, 03:37 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Why not put a blower on it? Your sig says you are looking at an LS1 switch, that cant be cheap so you can afford a s/c. I understand that you are dumping $$$ and not getting anything from it, but something aint stirring the kool-aid on that. Get a tune.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:39 PM
IROLLSALEEN
2nd Gear Member

hey lv did you go to the track this weekend?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

I think your tune plays a big part in it. Those tuners are great estimate but they certainly aren't the same as going to a dyno and continuously trying different combinations, getting the A/F ratio dead on and bumping up the timing.

As far as headers go, I believe it's more difficult to find ones that fit around the auto-tranny. I've been warned myself that LTs might simply cost me low end without a major gain up top.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:48 PM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

A new driver? hahah are you kidding me?
Mid 13's (13.6) is great for what mods I had... Gears, Tires, LC Arms.
I have no problem with that...
WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IS WHEN I ADDED...
UD PULLEYS,
O/R H Pipe
CAI
TB
PLEN

^not a gain in the 1/4 mile time AT ALL! it increased my Trap speed by 1 MPH in 2 runs!

What are you running? in your 02 GT? (HONESTLY! dont bs)

I just think that the 2v's do not respond well.
Gears.LC arms and Tires... got me to 13.6
and now I have spent more money and time installing etc... and have no drop'd tiem in the ET.
THATS BS!

and Yeah Dan makes a perfect point to all that are saying CATBACK CATBACK CATBACK...
that will increase RWHP by maybe 5... if Im lucky!

these are REAL numbers!!
not internet BS numbers... "guessing what you would run by putting on this or that" this is REAL TRACK TIME.
so unless you are actually running every weekend or at least few times a month... then please do not make comments.

Yeah Code...my short time is exactly the same...
had a couple 1.9's
but mainly all 2.0's

Old 01-31-2006, 05:55 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Wait a second here.

The factory mufflers are barely outflowed by Flowmaster. A catback exhaust is going to grab soemone 1-5RWHP IF THAT, so the catback is NOT what is holding back Joey. Those factory catalytic converters are the biggest issue with his exhaust. LT's will help but they aren't always feasible for people.

First thing you need to do is decide if you are able to do LT's or if you want to. Why? Unless you spend big bucks on a interchangable Mid-pipe from SLP which is way over priced, you will need to buy a shortie mid-pipe to accomodate your LT's.
I agree, the catback isn't gonna do much if anything. The only point of a catback at this stage is the sound and looks.

Lt headers are definatly gonna help. Of all of the "bolton" power producing componets, they make the most power by far.

BTW joe, the last few mods you put on may have thrown off your A/F ratio, negating any effect they had. Get the car to a dyno with a A/F ratio meter and check it out. I am willing to bet it is off a bit.

However, a 13.6 with no LTs and an automatic (with no stall) isn't too bad of a time. Espcially with a crappy 2.0 60'. This tells me your car should easily be going low 13s with a set of LTs and a stall (and a better launch).

And fallstar: That is absolutly NOT true whatsoever. LTs raise the entire powerband. I did not have ANY drop in power anywhere. And shorties on our cars are competely useless. I have seen 2-3 RWHP gains on SUPERCHARGED GTs over the factory manifolds. Lts netting around 20-25 on the same blown GT.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:56 PM
fastandloud
1st Gear Member

How do those sixties compare to the last time you ran it? You need to cut better than a 1.9 on DR's! Get down to 1.7-1.8 and you are low 13's....not too shabby if you ask me!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:01 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Wait a second here.

The factory mufflers are barely outflowed by Flowmaster. A catback exhaust is going to grab soemone 1-5RWHP IF THAT, so the catback is NOT what is holding back Joey. Those factory catalytic converters are the biggest issue with his exhaust. LT's will help but they aren't always feasible for people.

First thing you need to do is decide if you are able to do LT's or if you want to. Why? Unless you spend big bucks on a interchangable Mid-pipe from SLP which is way over priced, you will need to buy a shortie mid-pipe to accomodate your LT's.
I agree, the catback isn't gonna do much if anything. The only point of a catback at this stage is the sound and looks.

Lt headers are definatly gonna help. Of all of the "bolton" power producing componets, they make the most power by far.

BTW joe, the last few mods you put on may have thrown off your A/F ratio, negating any effect they had. Get the car to a dyno with a A/F ratio meter and check it out. I am willing to bet it is off a bit.

However, a 13.6 with no LTs and an automatic (with no stall) isn't too bad of a time. What was your 60'????
I agree. There is not much point in having P&P intake with the factory manifolds and mufflers. The engine is trying to breathe in but can't breathe out.

I would have done headers long ago. LTs rock on n/a 2 valves......unless you do something stupid with cams.

Also agree that you should get it on a dyno for a real tune.

BTW - 13.6 is damn impressive for your mods on an auto.

Quick Reply: Boooo @ Mustangs!!!!