4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

NON PI already going 12's! N/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NON PI already going 12's! N/A

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Yep... you can do it if you're looking to spend 3 times more.

This kinda reminds me of code. He had a goal to make a very fast N/A 4.6. He knew what it would take and knew he would spend and ****load of money to get it there. A ton of people come on here and think since he's N/A they could do that too for less than it would cost for F/I. Definatly very far from the truth.
Good point! What was Code's latest run? Was it a mid or a low 12? With all that he has done to that car there's no way a N/A NPI car can even touch a 12 under that scenario...
Old 02-01-2006, 06:11 PM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

It is only accomplishable/practical with a headswap.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:01 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

My pops doesnt drive it all the time, but he has a 67 fastback with a 518 that it tricked out and runs 10's. But the fastest we have is a 1935 ford pick-up with a small block 351 with a special block and bored and stroked to 485ci with a wipple on top. It has a lenco tranny set up tubed out narrowed rear. Also it has 4.30 gears Its insain I get scared when we cruz it. Since its an original 1935 all we pretty much had to do was keep the sound legal. I love it. One time we were coasting down a side street and a croch rocket came up and screwed with us. LOL
I think that guy shard himself when the truck went by him on two wheels. It was hilarious.
Anyway as far as the 4.6 goes if you can do the work your self you can save some money. I never look at spending money for labor. My grampa was a navy man, aircraft mechanic. When my cousins and I were young he showed us how to build our own tool boxes. LOL
We have homeade toolboxes that look just as good as any big classy store bought. That is just the way I operate. I cant get over the price of heads for 4.6L and honestly I think that anyone willing to pay 1400$ for factory ported heads is insain. Lupe Davilla has been around in mustang racing the mod motors for some time now. He is in the MM&FF mag alot. He ported his own heads had custom cams made and ran 12's. He did have a gutted car though. Just for racing.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:03 PM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

explain to me exactly how gutted we're talking?
Old 02-01-2006, 11:05 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yoteehunter

Ok I am in the process of trying to get my mustang in the twelves. So Ive been reaserching. I ran across a forum in wwwstangnet.com were a man named Jonny Langton has a NON PI naturaly asperated T-bird with........get this..........with an auto tranny that runs 12's. No power adders no NOS no funny biz. The guy is for real and this proves that the non pi cars are capable without all this pi bull. My car will get to this point one day I hope. At least I know when I said it could be done I know now that I wasnt full of **** like alot of folks said.
Not really all that surprising. I am 100 percent sure that he has the heads ported and polished, a intake work most likely, and cams.

Worked NPI heads outflow stock PI heads anyway. Once you replace the cam and intake, and port the heads you basically have a PI engine anyway.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:15 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Ya he said the same thing. Also some of his buddys overthere told me for those of use wanting a PI swap with a blower, to just use cometic head gaskets with an .080 compressed thickness wich will bring the compression back down to normal. I thought that that was good info.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:19 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Ya he said the same thing. Also some of his buddys overthere told me for those of use wanting a PI swap with a blower, to just use cometic head gaskets with an .080 compressed thickness wich will bring the compression back down to normal. I thought that that was good info.
There is no reason you cannot run a blower with a PI swapped car and stock gaskets. The compression raise is not that excessive.

Getting a N/A 4.6 into the 12 is not that hard. Hell, I should be able to run a high 12 (12.9xs) with a decent launch. With a set of slicks, forget it.

Hell, a bolton only GT with stock weight would go high 12s with slicks.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:21 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

i dont see the point in tryin to stay na with the 4.6 in the mustangs. unless your really tryin to set a record or somthing
Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

There is no reason you cannot run a blower with a PI swapped car and stock gaskets. The compression raise is not that excessive.

Getting a N/A 4.6 into the 12 is not that hard. Hell, I should be able to run a high 12 (12.9xs) with a decent launch. With a set of slicks, forget it.

Because you are alreads pi. He wants a non-pi into the 12's without no FI.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

gt96stang

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Because you are alreads pi. He wants a non-pi into the 12's without no FI.
its just a waist of money to try and go high 12s with a N/A NPI. when you could be running low 11's for the same price

Quick Reply: NON PI already going 12's! N/A