4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

COBRA TAIL LIGHTS INTSALL

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:59 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: COBRA TAIL LIGHTS INTSALL

yeah theyre functional. its not that hard to change them. and yeah i payed for em. i like the look, and your right everyone is tinting them, so im putting on cobra ones. i think it will look good with the color of my car. plus i originally bought them, because i was suposed to get stationed in england, and neded them in order to bring the car over there.

but i like the damn tail lights so im keeping them. they are unique to my car. and theyre gonna look damn good
plus i asked for help on the install not criticism, but any given is in stride
Old 02-03-2006, 01:11 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03redGT

here you go
first one stock, second one cobra. note the amber corner markers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22769/3CCFC4CA9093454C962D4890E6229557.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22769/150ECB3AB9B740929F52DDDFA371DA83.jpg[/IMG]
You got those pics from mustangworld. Why don't you follow those instructions?? I'm just wondering.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Just trying to understand why someone would want to pay for the same tail lights, except for the amber at the bottom. My only thinking about the tail light tint was just to get your attention. If you were thinking about doing that in the future, it would make your Cobra lights worthless since it would cover up the very small differences anyway.

How much did you pay for them?

ORIGINAL: 03redGT

yeah theyre functional. its not that hard to change them. and yeah i payed for em. i like the look, and your right everyone is tinting them, so im putting on cobra ones. i think it will look good with the color of my car. plus i originally bought them, because i was suposed to get stationed in england, and neded them in order to bring the car over there.

but i like the damn tail lights so im keeping them. they are unique to my car. and theyre gonna look damn good
plus i asked for help on the install not criticism, but any given is in stride
Old 02-03-2006, 02:11 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

i know i got the pics from mustangworld, someone pm'ed me with that link. thanks tho

im not going to tint them. i payed $150 for them why are you interested in getting a pair for your car, or were your intentions less than that
it seems as tho this isnt much past a bashing for my taste in brake lights thanks everyone for your valuable input
Old 02-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

or were your intentions less than that
You got it. Don't be shy, come out and say it.

Yes, I think it's rediculous to spend $150 for essentially the same tail lights with the only difference being amber markers at the bottom. It doesn't matter what I think. If you like it, thats all that matters. I was asking only for myself purely because I was curious. There was no offense intended whatsoever.

Have you taken your current tail lights apart yet? I imagine they would hook up the same. I could be wrong...
Old 02-03-2006, 02:23 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

no i havent taken them apart yet. yeah according to the website instructions i have, all you have to do is take off the stock ones, cut the directional wire from the harness, solder it ot the directional wire from the cobra lights, and its plug and play after that. the lights are hard to tell from the photos, but they look really nice in person, and at night you can tell right away. i thought it would be nice to bring some color into my all red car. and this looks like a good way. i have future plans for a mach one hood, and an SVT cobra front bumper.
followed by some deep dish rims on the back 18x10.5 but thats just for cosmetics.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Directional wire?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:31 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

in the wire harness for your tail lights theres a wire for the brakes, one for the backup lamps, nad one for the directional(turn signals). in non-cobras, the directional wire is connected in with the brake light wire. in order to solve the prroblem with the new lights, i have to cut the one for the directional, and splice it together with the otherwise hanging there wire forthe turn signals on the cobra tail light assembly.

that wasnt too tough was it?

your right by the way i shouldnt take things so personally. its all in personal preference. my bad.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:42 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Nah, not tough at all. Although I did learn something new.

I didn't see the correlation between directional wires and the turn signals. [:@]

Old 02-03-2006, 02:46 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

thanks, by the way how do you like th sound of your loudmouth?

i mean your exhaust system

Quick Reply: COBRA TAIL LIGHTS INTSALL