4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:20 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why

Yea not racing might be another option you might consider. Personally I don't race if there is anybody around me. I just feel like its not fair putting their safety as risk for my own amusement. Thats just me tho....
Old 02-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I'm with the others, I don't think it was possible for him to tow your ride.

I was busted for drag racing several years ago. He pulled my buddy over that I was racing, who was in front of me due to a merging lane. He pulled him over first, passing me. I waited a few moments and thought my friend was the only one who was going to bite it this time. I drove off. He showed up at my door later that night because he read my plates off as he drove by to the station. Obviously they gave him the address and he came to say hello. He didn't tow my car, and I'm sure he would have if he could.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:28 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rudemood12

well, i guess just consider this your lesson learned... and when you are sitting in your car with the dude next to you revving up - remember how you felt when you answered the door and the cop was standing there. i bet youll think twice.
lesson learned....yes, would i do it again, im not going to lie, probally. will i think twice, of course...will i change the plates.. probally not, figureing someone will complain anyway and it will keep me more sane because i will be thinking someone could remember my plates again.... will I be more careful where i do it in the future, yes there is alot of lonely roads around here.... honestly if I dont push it sometimes a little part of me dies.... and as bad as this sounds .. its worth the risk of a ticket or me dying in a crash, id rather go out in flames, than arrive safely at death (old age), I will just make certain no one else is around or harmed(besides maybe the other guy racing me)...
Old 02-03-2006, 02:43 AM
bigedog8
3rd Gear Member

street racing is bad but im sure we have all been guilty at one time or another. the cops cant do **** about towing your car.. if your worried about that then lower it so much they cant tow it hehe.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:51 AM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ericdiver
honestly if I dont push it sometimes a little part of me dies.... and as bad as this sounds .. its worth the risk of a ticket or me dying in a crash, id rather go out in flames, than arrive safely at death (old age)
[/quote]

in the nicest way possible... that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. maybe you should rethink what kind of car you drive, if that is the case.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:56 AM
Hoov
1st Gear Member

I like to punch it now and again, but the biggest thing holding me back is the thought of seriously ----ing up my car. That image alone keeps me in check.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:44 AM
pete1665
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ericdiver
HEY I thought it was kinda cool, and nice to be warned....it did put me in my place, i just didnt want my ride towed
thats the point, he wanted to put you in your place. They can't do anything without the cop being there(no matter how stupid you were being).
Old 02-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Djs94stang
3rd Gear Member

I would still ditch the plates though. Sure anyone can take your number but it's a heck of a lot harder to remember if it is just a generic number. M I LOCO is pretty easy to remember. Most people don't drive around with a pen and paper in hand to jot the number down.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Master
3rd Gear Member

#%$ IT ! DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT , I DO! [sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]

I get many tickets, i pay a lawyer off and dont see a day in court and my record is clean
matter fact, i have one in my wallet i have to take care of now
Old 02-03-2006, 12:20 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

again i dont want to turn this into a morale debate.... we all know its stupid racing around trying to prove something and chances are your going to get a ticket or crash, and anyone who has a sports car is going to do it, thats why you have one, so dont try to play the god figure or angel on the shoulder, but me personally I would say 70-90% when someone comes up on me, I dont race them(because i dont want to lose) u never know what they have under the hood comming up to car that looks like mine you better have something, and all i was trying to say was the cop shold have just come over and warned me nicely, not threaten me by telling me someone is on the way to tow my car.... and just get some feedback, we dont have race tracks on every corner here in central california like most of you guys do in the rest of the country, so most of the racing is done with a rev of the engine and city streets.....

Quick Reply: BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why