4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:47 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

Default BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why

OMG got in a race with a older 90 mustang, couple of kids thought there car was fast, I hit the remote bottle opener flip the switch and BYE BYE they almost crashed trying to keep up on the freeway, lost him in about 5 seconds, ANYWAY I returned to a safe speed and drove home..... when I got home there was a knock on my door, oh hello Mr COP, he asked if i was speeding, racing another mustang, and said that a tow truck is on its way to tow my car away, and several people on the freeway complained and called in my plates which read M I LOCO and yes I am a crazy driver, but tommarrow I take them off.......
Old 02-03-2006, 01:49 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why

cant tow your car away if your sittin in it. and its just hear-say unless somebody has a vid of it
Old 02-03-2006, 01:50 AM
JonBeast

Did you just deny it or something?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: David_K

cant tow your car away if your sittin in it. and its just hear-say unless somebody has a vid of it
well yes, they cant do anything unless a cop witnessed it, I actually told the cop that it must have appeared i was speeding cuz my car looks fast and someone must be jealous of my car or did not like me and is making false accusations about me, he also said they said I was going over 100mph
Old 02-03-2006, 01:53 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

As a police officer I will be the frist one to say this is bull****, they cannot tow your car over complaints, complaints do not serve as probably cause to tow a motor vehicle. There couldnt be any first hand police whitness either because they would of ran you down, not let you go and show up on your doorstep. If a department even tried to tow that car, someone is going to loose their job.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:53 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

Did you just deny it or something?
well its hard to deny it when they can easily read your plates, and i dont want to lie to the cops, he was cool, i sure he was made to come to my house and warn me, this was his second visit to my house.... others have complained about my ninja riding b4
Old 02-03-2006, 01:54 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Yeah, time to ditch those plates.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:55 AM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

well yes, they cant do anything unless a cop witnessed it, I actually told the cop that it must have appeared i was speeding cuz my car looks fast and someone must be jealous of my car or did not like me and is making false accusations about me, he also said they said I was going over 100mph
They can't prove that though... Stick with the plate man, even if you had a regular plate the people could've done the same thing.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:55 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uberstang1

As a police officer I will be the frist one to say this is bull****, they cannot tow your car over complaints, complaints do not serve as probably cause to tow a motor vehicle. There couldnt be any first hand police whitness either because they would of ran you down, not let you go and show up on your doorstep. If a department even tried to tow that car, someone is going to loose their job.
thats what i thought also, thanks...
Old 02-03-2006, 01:57 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xx9gt6xx

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

They can't prove that though... Stick with the plate man, even if you had a regular plate the people could've done the same thing.
this just happend to me tonight, and i guess the cops could come by every day and not REALLY do anything.... right??? THEY have to see me, but if I get alot of complaints if I get pulled over I AM GETTING A TICKET FOR SURE, or else i could make friends with all the police when they visit and ask them if they want to borrow the car

Quick Reply: BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why