4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Exhuast Getting Ready, Last ?'s

Old 02-03-2006, 06:24 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default Exhuast Getting Ready, Last ?'s

Alright...

My full exhaust system will be on order in another week and should be on my car end of this month or 1st week of march!

I am extremely excited. I have decided to go with the following setup for my 00' Mustang GT Vert:

BBK Ceramic LT Headers
SLP Short Modular X-pipe
SLP Loudmouth 1 Catback

I can't WAIT to hear it. Its going to blow my mind I know it. I just have one last question on my mind that I was hoping you guys could help me with. I was told that the SLP X-pipe will NOT work with some types of LT Headers... Im going with the BBK LT Headers... And a kid I know told me that the SLP X-pipe WILL fit the BBK Headers...? Is that correct?

Thanks a bunch,
Mike
Old 02-03-2006, 06:29 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Exhuast Getting Ready, Last ?'s

Yeah, you shouldnt have a problem.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:45 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Alright, sounds good. I can't wait.

1 Last thing going through my mind because Im thinking of the installation...

How long should it take my mechanic to put this exhaust on. Im figuring about 1-2 hours for the headers and about 30 mins for the x-pipe and catback... Is that good? I just don't want to get played when he tells me 4 hours for the whole thing when you guys tell me only 2 hours. Just give me an estimate on how long for the whole thing.

The mechanic has done some stuff with my dad's car, and he inspects my car, he is a good guy. But you never know these days.. I just don't want him to say more hours than necessary because my budget for the installation is TIGHT.

Thanks again.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:47 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

Alright, sounds good. I can't wait.

1 Last thing going through my mind because Im thinking of the installation...

How long should it take my mechanic to put this exhaust on. Im figuring about 1-2 hours for the headers and about 30 mins for the x-pipe and catback... Is that good? I just don't want to get played when he tells me 4 hours for the whole thing when you guys tell me only 2 hours. Just give me an estimate on how long for the whole thing.

The mechanic has done some stuff with my dad's car, and he inspects my car, he is a good guy. But you never know these days.. I just don't want him to say more hours than necessary because my budget for the installation is TIGHT.

Thanks again.
my guy who is installing my headers now said it was basically a all day job for full exhaust. well he is taking all day but he is still only charging me 550 for the full exhaust. headers back.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:08 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Wow your getting RIPPED OFF.

Who is doing your installation MIENEKE!?!?

My mechanic actually quoted my on about 2 hours for the full exhaust. But He seemed iffy, and I just didn't want him to bump it too high.
My guy will get it all done in 3 hours TOPS...

Dude do you understand the the midpipe and the catback BOLT ON? You can do that yourself if you have to.. It takes 30 minutes TOPS.

I would never pay $600 dollars for installation of an exhaust. They are probably charging you that much and saying that its all day because they are probably working on 18 other cars at the same time.

Im sorry but that crazy dude, crazy.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You'll find most people pay over $400 for LT installation.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:19 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Damn, I guess I should not even ask then.

Because I was quoted at about 2-3 Hours of labor, for the WHOLE system at about $180-250...
I should consider myself extremely lucky then I guess. LOL.

Damn, nevermind then.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:19 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: meebix

Wow your getting RIPPED OFF.

Who is doing your installation MIENEKE!?!?

My mechanic actually quoted my on about 2 hours for the full exhaust. But He seemed iffy, and I just didn't want him to bump it too high.
My guy will get it all done in 3 hours TOPS...

Dude do you understand the the midpipe and the catback BOLT ON? You can do that yourself if you have to.. It takes 30 minutes TOPS.

I would never pay $600 dollars for installation of an exhaust. They are probably charging you that much and saying that its all day because they are probably working on 18 other cars at the same time.

Im sorry but that crazy dude, crazy.

Dude, NO! A days worth of work is right for a full exhaust. Headers alone will take up alot of time. At least 5 hours or more. After the headers are done, then about 1 hour and 1/2 for the midpipe and catback. I think $550 for the whole job is a good deal. [&:]
Old 02-04-2006, 02:21 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Your still getting ripped off though.

It even says on the websites that LT Headers should take no more than 2-3 hours tops. Most say 1-2.

And the midpipe and catback are freaking bolt ons... I dont care, your not telling me it takes more than 45 mins of work...
Old 02-04-2006, 02:28 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

If you find someone that can do the headers in 3 hours, then he should be on TV showing everyone how he does it. It will not happen. But I wish your installer lots of luck. Its a total PITA to do headers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhuast Getting Ready, Last ?'s