4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

LOWERING YOUR STANG==MUST READ!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:46 AM
dobry
2nd Gear Member

Default LOWERING YOUR STANG==MUST READ!

here is my story I had Eibach Pro-Kit installed along with Kyb shocks and struts and Steeda CC plates. It gave me a nice drop, but the problems started when I went to my local ford dealer to do the alignment.
They told me they COULD NOT align my wheels properly because of the lowering springs and cc plates!
I`m attaching a copy of a report after the alignment. They told me they aligned my wheels the best they could.
I just got new tires and do not want to ruin them. This SUCKS! Honestly I like the drop pro-kit gave me , but at this point I`m not sure wheter it was worth it.
What do you guys think ? Will I have problems with my tires with ? Anything would be helpful.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11407/E2BAFC5E092E48BE95960ECC388482E7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11407/AEBB4965DF074C23900507FBEFEED5B3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2006, 12:50 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: LOWERING YOUR STANG==MUST READ!

I hate Ford... Go to a freaking mechanic shop who knows about modded cars and tell them what you need done.

$100 freaking bucks bets you that they can get it done when Ford couldn't. Ford makes up crap because 1, they are not suppose to work with modded cars (technically) and 2 - Because they want to tell you that you need to spend more money in order for them to get the job done.

Seriously have a mechanic shop look at it first... They will tell you what you need to do. If they tell you the same thing, Ok.. you tried, but I bet Ford is being gay AGAIN.

I gotta have my alignment done soon, and I can tell you the first place Im NOT going is to the Ford dealer. My mechanic will do it for me, and I will freak out if my alignment can't be fixed... It makes no sense... Go to a shop.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

did you put the kit on yourself????
Old 02-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

As long as everything is installed right, take it to another mechanic.

Why would you ever bring it to Ford?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:16 AM
dobry
2nd Gear Member

I had the kit put on by a guy who knows what he`s doing ( lowered 3 other stangs) so that I know everything was done right. it`s just that ford had a problem adjusting my wheels. they said that steeda cc plates where already pushing against the body and they could not align any better and they blamed my springs for it. bu thats true do not go to a ford dealer if you have any mods on your car , because I felt like I was being witch-hunted there for it. haha
Old 02-04-2006, 01:20 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Why would you ever bring it to Ford?
+20

ROFL. Thank you, just like I said =)
Old 02-04-2006, 01:27 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

whoever installed your C/C plates probably didn't open up the strut towers enough to allow any real adjustment.

Go to any REAL shop and they will fix you up with the equipment you have on the car.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:31 AM
richjr74
1st Gear Member

I have the 05 stang. My installer called steeda and they told him to redrill the strut towers to position the springs further out to allow for more adjustment on the allignment. The alignment came out perfect. The car rides perfect. May not work on yours but just thought i'd offer up the info. There's a pic in my gallery. Like the others said, take it any place but the dealership.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

i installed Steeda CC plates on mine and i aligned it, it came out awsome. so i dont know why ford could not do it if i can do mine. the plates might be installed wrong
Old 02-04-2006, 12:15 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Ford's gonna be gay because you didn't install their equipment. Any other shop that does alignment should and could do it if everything is installed right!

Quick Reply: LOWERING YOUR STANG==MUST READ!