4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:26 AM
dlfjr1
1st Gear Member

Default Supercharger

I have a 2003 Mustang 4.6 DOHC Mach 1. I bought it from the dealer and he told me it had 400 HP. That would make it about 340 to the rear wheels right? He gave me the name of the previous owner and the previous owner told me the same thing that he had it DYNO at 400 HP. I asked him what he did to it. He did not have a lot of time and only told me 3in pipes and CAI. What else could the car have on it to make it 400 HP. It comes from the factory 305HP. Could there be a supercharger on it? Can you tell by looking at the motor? Oh it also has 411 gears in the rear. It is an automatic and it tears off like it has alot of power. When the car shifts between 2nd and 3rd, some time it will peel the tires if you slam on the gas. Me and my brother had it going 160. Please Help?

Old 02-05-2006, 01:30 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger

Umm, exhaust and CAI will not get you anywhere close to 400 hp. It probally has 4.10's not 411's in the rear, and you would hear a s/c. If you posted an engine pic I could tell you right away. So you can do that if you want.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:31 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dlfjr1

I have a 2003 Mustang 4.6 DOHC Mach 1. I bought it from the dealer and he told me it had 400 HP. That would make it about 340 to the rear wheels right? He gave me the name of the previous owner and the previous owner told me the same thing that he had it DYNO at 400 HP. I asked him what he did to it. He did not have a lot of time and only told me 3in pipes and CAI. What else could the car have on it to make it 400 HP. It comes from the factory 305HP. Could there be a supercharger on it? Can you tell by looking at the motor? Oh it also has 411 gears in the rear. It is an automatic and it tears off like it has alot of power. When the car shifts between 2nd and 3rd, some time it will peel the tires if you slam on the gas. Me and my brother had it going 160. Please Help?

Without a blower it sure isn't making 400 RWHP without a hell of an engine rebuild, and it would be insanely obvious (and unstreetable).

Do you have a camera?? Take a picture of the underhood of the car. Is there a circular device somewhere between the air filter and the engine (with a pully on it) or a boxy looking sucker on top of the engine with a pully on it???

Take a engine pic and post it.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

i don't mean to be a dick or anything but your saying you own a mach 1 and don't even know what a blower looks like??? that sounds like something a chick would say... no offence. but anyway pop your hood, look for the air filter and follow that tube, if you run into a a kind of round metel thing with a belt running to it you've got yourself a blower buddy. does your car whine or whistle when you rev it?
Old 02-05-2006, 02:10 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brute03

i don't mean to be a dick or anything but your saying you own a mach 1 and don't even know what a blower looks like??? that sounds like something a chick would say... no offence. but anyway pop your hood, look for the air filter and follow that tube, if you run into a a kind of round metel thing with a belt running to it you've got yourself a blower buddy. does your car whine or whistle when you rev it?
I bet you would be suprised at the number of peeps that own a fast car and have no idea how any of it works.

Hell, do you know how to work on an airplane engine??
Old 02-05-2006, 02:32 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I bet you would be suprised at the number of peeps that own a fast car and have no idea how any of it works.

Hell, do you know how to work on an airplane engine??
no, actually i don't... but thats maybe because i don't own a plane [>:] but i have a pretty good idea how a turbine engine works (thank you Popular Mechanics)
Old 02-05-2006, 02:36 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Yea I doubt it has 400hp. I'd take it to a dyno to find out exactly how much it has. Even if it doesnt have 400hp. Still a fast and cool car.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:41 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brute03

Well, you do sound like a dick. Did you ever think maybe the guy is here trying to learn? Did you get your stang and know everything about it? Do you think you know everything there is to know on your stang? Please, keep rude and scarcastic comments to yourself.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:30 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

PICS PLEASE. All of us will be able to tell if you have a S/C. Unless thats a totally different engine under the hood, or has alot of internal work done, I dont see you busting 400hp. And take off those 3" pipes, and get a real catback, only need 2 1/2" at the most, unless you have F/I.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:11 AM
dlfjr1
1st Gear Member

Will have pics up by tomorrow. Thanks for the support. And to the guy that called me a chick. Atleast I know how to spell offense, not offence. No Offense Intended.

Quick Reply: Supercharger