4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

350 Rwhp daily drivable supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 04:54 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 350 Rwhp daily drivable supercharger?

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

so you think a centrifugal would be my best bet when I am ready for a supercharger? Whats a good one that will give me good quality for my buck?
Check out Vortech and Procharger...I personally will probably be going with Procharger, seems like its better bang for buck. Intercooled kit for price of a non-cooled Vortech kit. Plus the Procharger is self-contained...no tapping oil pan. Although I'm still not 100% sure.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:56 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

so you think a centrifugal would be my best bet when I am ready for a supercharger? Whats a good one that will give me good quality for my buck?
If you dont want the KB, I would look into the ATI Procharger, or Vortech.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:01 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

Check out Vortech and Procharger...I personally will probably be going with Procharger, seems like its better bang for buck. Intercooled kit for price of a non-cooled Vortech kit. Plus the Procharger is self-contained...no tapping oil pan. Although I'm still not 100% sure.
What ever happend to the KB you were always talking about???
Old 02-05-2006, 05:03 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

What ever happend to the KB you were always talking about???
I decided not to go with KB because its too much money for my taste and I think the centrifugal type will be better for my car in the long run....as in the motor will last longer as it wont be subjected to the wear and tear of boost at all times. Centrifugals don't start to build boost until around 3k rpm. So when I'm cruising I can avoid boost. My main deciding factor was simply that I can get a centrifugal kit for much cheaper then I can get the KB kit for.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:04 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Yea, they do seem to be quite a bit cheaper. You think it would be a good idea to buy one used from ebay or something? Is there any risk in doing this?
Old 02-05-2006, 05:07 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Theres always the risk that the person took the kit off because the blower is worn out and trying to sell it to get their money out of it. I don't trust ebay, I wouldnt personally buy a used S/C kit unless it was local and I got to check it out in person first. That's just me though...I'm paranoid.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:08 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Yea, they do seem to be quite a bit cheaper. You think it would be a good idea to buy one used from ebay or something? Is there any risk in doing this?
If you buy from Ebay make sure you ask about how many miles were on it, has anything gone wrong with it, things like that. People sell S/C's on Ebay all the time, reason being they are selling the car and parting it out so they can atleast get some money back.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:15 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

If you buy from Ebay make sure you ask about how many miles were on it, has anything gone wrong with it, things like that. People sell S/C's on Ebay all the time, reason being they are selling the car and parting it out so they can atleast get some money back.
Yea I'd just be kinda paranoid tho. They could easily lie about why they are selling it and the condtion of it. And once I bought it, I bought it.....
Old 02-05-2006, 06:36 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

You should talk to nanaki, i believe he bought a used vortech kit?
Old 02-05-2006, 06:49 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Oh yea, he did. I read it in a post somewhere.

Quick Reply: 350 Rwhp daily drivable supercharger?