4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GT races

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:26 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT races

Ya know what? I have that same problem. If I take my stang out anywhere, I see nothin but mini vans and old people in sedans. Now, if I'm riding along with a friend in a truck or pos little car, nothin but rice as far as the I can see.
It actually happens about every time I ride along with someone. Ive maybe gotten 6 random encounter races in since I got the car in the beginning of 04. Ive had a few organized street races.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:24 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

i know this is for GT's but i have a cobra and even since i got the cobra i don't get into many races, but i get a lot of ricers that want to race but i don't give them the time of day unless they have a turbo or something otherwise why waste my time. I did race a 2005 GTO once, but the idiot forgot to turn his traction controll off so i smoked him. One time i raced a newer lighting and if was pretty even because my rear end was slipping do to the ****ty *** roads around here. I remember i pulled up next to a camaro SS right when i got my car and the ******* didn't want to race and i was even reving at him and everything(he was scared). Otherwise i don't have a lot of races only because i don't want to race those ricers that think there fast because why waste my gas when i know i can beat them.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:24 PM
05MidBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Spanked a WRX's, but lost to every LS1 Don't go near Trans Am's unless your have NOS or Supercharger.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:28 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

i know this is for GT's but i have a cobra and even since i got the cobra i don't get into many races, but i get a lot of ricers that want to race but i don't give them the time of day unless they have a turbo or something otherwise why waste my time. I did race a 2005 GTO once, but the idiot forgot to turn his traction controll off so i smoked him. One time i raced a newer lighting and if was pretty even because my rear end was slipping do to the ****ty *** roads around here. I remember i pulled up next to a camaro SS right when i got my car and the ******* didn't want to race and i was even reving at him and everything(he was scared). Otherwise i don't have a lot of races only because i don't want to race those ricers that think there fast because why waste my gas when i know i can beat them.
Maybe that camaro that didn't race you felt the same way. Maybe he had a nice 200 shot that would have left you crying... Never underestimate a car. You never know whats under the hood. Maybe those ricers have turbos with the boost cranked up. You never know.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:38 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

i know it was probably a stock SS because it was a guy doing a test drive.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:20 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

iv only been in 4 races in my life with the stang(about 10 months now)

i won against a 2002 ram air trans........the driver missed gear somehow, definatly should not have won that!

i won against a 95 firebird......not a change

i won against a civic.......also no change

my only loss came against my buddies 2000 Trans am
Old 02-05-2006, 10:46 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

I've had my car for almost 2 years now and around here a lot of guys go from rolls or mess around from rolls a lot. Not too many people run from a stop. I've never lost to any SN95's in any scenario (Both 4.6 & 5.0) But PI GT's I have problems with [:@] I mean there have been a few nail biters and some good runs w/ some stock/lightly modified ones but once you do exhaust or some good bolt ons or a tune there's no chance. I know some may not beleive that I've beaten a few stock LT1's because of my time slip but it's been done. LS1's...[&o] I leave those guys for the modified PI guys or the Cobra's...
Old 02-05-2006, 11:16 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

i think i race almost everyday, even if i dont technically race my engine, haha. anyways i get all types of ricers and turbod cars up here in colorado, but they have mad turbo lag, so they cant phase me. ive beaten turbo accords (newer) and a newer golf with a huge turbo on it. Lots of big trucks like to try to run from the line, because they can match our torque #'s and then some, so yeah, i guess i need tints so they cant see its a punk teenager driving, then they wont bother me. I noticed once i got my exhaust a lot of people backed off, once they hear that note at 2000 rpm they say ruh oh. raced 1 unbadged camaro that thought he was tough, we stayed side by side in first, i didnt shift because i was scurred.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:19 AM
pete1665
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra
I remember i pulled up next to a camaro SS right when i got my car and the ******* didn't want to race and i was even reving at him and everything(he was scared).
yeah, he's the *******...
Old 02-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

I would say that I race quite a bit. Normally, in a weeks time during the spring summer and fall, I will race about 4-5 times a week. This can be either from a roll or dig, and from a stop light or orgainized street racing. Never underestimate a car just by how it looks or what it is. During the winter, I do not race at all.

Quick Reply: GT races