4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

just got magnaflows?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:37 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default just got magnaflows?

Hey guys just got my magnaflow cat-back on and its alrightly loud, but from my experience with magnaflow is that they don't sound all that good right away but they break in anyone else have magnaflows?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:49 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: just got magnaflows?

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

Hey guys just got my magnaflow cat-back on and its alrightly loud, but from my experience with magnaflow is that they don't sound all that good right away but they break in anyone else have magnaflows?
For awhile they will get better and better sounding as you burn up some of the insulation.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:50 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

For awhile they will get better and better sounding as you burn up some of the insulation.
Do you work for mustangtuning? I could have sworn I saw your car on their site under staff's cars or something like that.....
Old 02-05-2006, 01:56 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

no i don't work for them, but i wish before then i probably would've got this exhaust for free.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:59 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea I have magnaflows on my car now...

To tell you the truth.. Yes they will break in a little, but only a little.. You will notice a slight difference. But I hate to disappoint you, even from when you first put them on, thats about as loud as it is going to get. That's exactly why I am so unhappy with mine and Im going with a full exhaust setup. Because this time I want to do it "right" and just re-do the whole system with my new SLP Loudmouths.

My flows have been on my car for a good 6 months now, so I have definitely broken them in... They do sound good, no denying that, but they are soooo quiet. Too quiet for me. Sometimes at idle.. If I sit for a while, I have to rev the engine to make sure my car is still on, because sometimes I think I turned it off or something... Because seriously you CANT hear it at idle... I personally think its quieter than stock at idle.

But, they do sound good when you get on it... And some people like that. Quiet when they want, and louder when they get on it. Personally I dont want that... I want it loud all around, but Im just speaking from experience. But anyway, Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:03 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

yeah i wanted to go borla but they were like a few hundred more. I would've done SLP also, but I heard that a cobra because of a 4v that SLP's don't sound that great.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:05 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea I wouldnt put SLP on a cobra. I havent talked to anyone who has like the sound of SLP on a 4V engine... But Borla would probably sound real good. Magnaflows will do the trick for now, but if your like me... You will want to change them eventually, I don't think they are the "answer" for a lifetime mustang exhaust...because I just didn't think the they provided me with an all-around mustang sounding exhaust.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:08 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

well i evenually want to get the rest of the set-up. You know h-pipe headers and intake should help the sound. Lots of other things i'm planing on going nuts.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

LM2s sound good on a Cobra. Packs sound great too.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:17 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

get an o/r midpipe with magnaflows. make em nice and loud.

Quick Reply: just got magnaflows?