4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

toying around with sellin the stang....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:18 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: toying around with sellin the stang....

ORIGINAL: code3GT

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

ORIGINAL: 03sonicgt

I agree with sohc, forged shortblock and up the boost. You'll beat cobras!!

most forged shortblocks that i have found though are like 3-4k though.... and if i decide to up the power more... wouldnt i need to also get a new drivetrain that can handle the power? there is just to much to think of for what i need and such.
a TKO600 tranny kit is like 1600 bucks. I'm not saying you hve to keep the car and forge it and all....i just think with all the work ytou've done to the car you're just gunna loose money , ALOT of money if you sell it.
yea, im startin to think that too.... the only thing i like about having a GT is no one is expecting much out a GT for it to be able to pull vette's like it has.

also, for the tranny i was thinkin the T-56.... how much power can the TKO600 take up to?
Man, do a TKO500 or TKO600, much better tranny than a T56.
ok, thanks... i didnt know that. haha. most people that i have talked to have told me that the T-56 is like the god of all tranny's so i was going on with what they said. i trust ur opinion alot more than rednecks at performance shops around here.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

i was thinking of selling my 5.4 if it does not make the power i wanted, i dont knolw how much i could get for the whole car. it would be the 96 with the 5.4 in and the stock 4.6 and all the stock parts i have. do you guys think i could get 9k or it? i know a guy that has done a 5.4 in his 00GT and someone is buying the motor for $2000 and the motor has 6000miles on it.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:23 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

The TKO's will take almost anything you can throw at them.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:32 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ok, thats good then. i will definatly be lookin into getting one of those when i swap out the bottom end... when i swap the bottom end i plan on runnin more than 550rwhp which will blow the stock tranny... haha.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:34 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ok, thats good then. i will definatly be lookin into getting one of those when i swap out the bottom end... when i swap the bottom end i plan on runnin more than 550rwhp which will blow the stock tranny... haha.
Get you a good clutch and aluminum flywheel and WOW you will be good to go. Good Luck, bro.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:40 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

its fair to say we all think about selling our stangs. me, i was pretty close to selling off all my uninstalled parts, and getting an 04 cobra. woulda been broke as hell for the summer but i was really tempted. then i found out my motor was not the one i and everyone else thought it was, so here i am dumping tons of money into it. if i were you, and you really want to sell your gt, take off as many parts as you can and sell them separately, then get like 15k for the car. should put you close to 20k if you can get good deals on your parts. then take out a small cash advance and get that cobra. just a thought
Old 02-07-2006, 02:57 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Get you a good clutch and aluminum flywheel and WOW you will be good to go. Good Luck, bro.

i was told by someone that aluminum flywheels cut engine life alot... is this true? this is the only reason why i havent gotten one yet.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:59 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i was told by someone that aluminum flywheels cut engine life alot... is this true? this is the only reason why i havent gotten one yet.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:03 AM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

racer02GTstang

no thats not true the motor just revs up faster and its harder to drive..

did any one read my post?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:05 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dark_Horse

racer02GTstang

no thats not true the motor just revs up faster and its harder to drive..

did any one read my post?
yea, i read it... i just dont know how much u can get for ur car.... im not sure on the value of the earlier model stangs....

Quick Reply: toying around with sellin the stang....