4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Best Pony too get!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:21 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Best Pony too get!!!!

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

I'd wait for the 07 Cobra to come out. Well worth the wait if you have the money.
Are you kidding? First of all you will not find one at MSRP second if it was at $45k and he put down the same $12k and have a 5 % interest rate for 60 months it's $623 a month. And, insurance will be pathetic on it!
No, I'm not kidding. When he first asked the question, he asked if he should wait for the new Cobra GT500 to come out. And I say yes he should. And if he was gonna keep the car, he could get the loan for 72 months instead of 60. How are you doing this figures? If your not adding taxes and the interest over a 12 month period, each year he will owe less and less on the car and you take the interest rate every 12 months from the premium.
Yes, but even if he pays over 72 months it'll still be alot over $500 a month.I'm figuring these numbers out on a financing calculator, so I'm assuming it's pretty accurate. And I didn't add taxes and the other fees because I was going by something he'll never pay anyway.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 PM
codyss

Find a nice 03/04 Cobra.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:00 PM
DarkShadowGT03
3rd Gear Member

i don't get y u want another stang, i mean, u are still in highschool. if i were u i would either keep the 01 that u have now and maybe put a blower on it or else sell it and pick up an 03/04 cobra or Mach 1. I don't see how you would benefit from having two late model mustangs when you are only 18 or younger. Just my two cents.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Osk
2nd Gear Member

don't waste you're money on another car. you have imo a great car, especially for your age. invest your money, or at the very least, put it in the bank and try not to touch it. college will be VERY expensive (i have 20k in loans).. not to mention food, boods, alcohol, girls, etc... all very expensive. don't waste you're money bro..
Old 02-09-2006, 12:56 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I'm in college too, and if your going away, be happy with the stang you have. You already have an awesome car for your age. Dont get greedy, be happy with your stang and start modding.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:00 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Im keeping my 01 GT too attached! lol But Im going to go with a coupe does any one know how many Orange Cobra's where produced? I know they are a pretty rare Item! I am putting the care under my Mothers name Bling Bling Cheap Insurance LOL! Do you think the cobra will get better MPG compared to my 01 Auto GT? One guy told me he was getting 23MPG but that was a 99 Cobra. Lookin wit a Perfect credit score I could probably pull off 4% Financing. Hopefully Im going to have a down payment also! Thats the way I can afford it and I have a job while in College. So hopefully Ill be in my Cobra this Summer!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:25 AM
sdsjr4
1st Gear Member

03/04 cobra and you might as well figure close to 1 grand a month for car payment and insurance! I love my gt and look forward to putting a blower on it but if you wanted something else i would ditch the gt and get the s/c 4v! If you were smart you would keep the gt and save for a blower and be pushing more hp than a cobra!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:28 AM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

not a modded cobra.. haha =P
Old 02-09-2006, 06:45 AM
DarkShadowGT03
3rd Gear Member

Atleast save yourself some money and sell the GT. It's just gonna haunt you financially if you keep the GT and for what reason, to keep the Cobra's mileage down? An 03/04 Cobra would be badass for anybody to drive, let alone a high schooler. I'm only 18 so it's not like this advice is comin from our older members. Believe me, I've had dreams and desires for owning an 03 Cobra but I don't see it happening, atleast not in the next couple years. I mean how are you going to afford all of this and pay for your tuition? But if I were in your situation, unless you've inherited some $$$, I would just keep the GT and buy a Cobra in a few years.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:06 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayGhost01GT

Im keeping my 01 GT too attached! lol But Im going to go with a coupe does any one know how many Orange Cobra's where produced? I know they are a pretty rare Item! I am putting the care under my Mothers name Bling Bling Cheap Insurance LOL! Do you think the cobra will get better MPG compared to my 01 Auto GT? One guy told me he was getting 23MPG but that was a 99 Cobra. Lookin wit a Perfect credit score I could probably pull off 4% Financing. Hopefully Im going to have a down payment also! Thats the way I can afford it and I have a job while in College. So hopefully Ill be in my Cobra this Summer!
What kind of perfect credit score are you looking for? If your only 18 or whatever, than you might have perfect credit, with no late payments, or things overdue, but thats not gonna get you a 4% interest rate. I'll be 21 in March and I've had credit cards and bills in my name since I was 18 and a car in my name since I was 19, and now after 5 credit cards and 2 different car loans, I'm still paying on one though, and havent been late on a single thing. My credit score is a tad under 700 and my interest rate on the Stang was 7.5%. Sorry bro, unless your atleast 25 with a credit score of over 750, your interest rate wont be no 4%.

Quick Reply: Best Pony too get!!!!