4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

high end radar detection for the illegal speeders

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 05:30 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: high end radar detection for the illegal speeders

ORIGINAL: GTowner4life

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

Eh, the way I see it. If a cop wants to pull you over, he will. I guess you could fight the ticket, but who is the judge gonna believe? An 18 year old kid driving a nice sports car? Or middle-aged police officer who has been on the force for a long time?
*17 year old ;-) I think i can get put in jail or my car impounded if i get cought with the scrambler.
Yea I'm pretty sure you could. I saw something on TV once about companies selling those saying they are designed to stop interference from garage doors or something rediculous like that lol.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:33 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Did you guys know that the same people who make radar detectors make the radars for the police?
So everytime a new radar detector is made, they make a radar gun for cops that is better and then they turn around and upgrade the radar detector.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:34 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

So what does that mean?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

Eh, the way I see it. If a cop wants to pull you over, he will. I guess you could fight the ticket, but who is the judge gonna believe? An 18 year old kid driving a nice sports car? Or middle-aged police officer who has been on the force for a long time?
*17 year old ;-) I think i can get put in jail or my car impounded if i get cought with the scrambler.
Yea I'm pretty sure you could. I saw something on TV once about companies selling those saying they are designed to stop interference from garage doors or something rediculous like that lol.
haha what ever excuse works. But I have had the gun on me before, the dector went off, I turned it off and slowed to 65 mph, got pulled over, the cop said his gun didnt get a speed but he knew i was speeding and then let me go.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Did you guys know that the same people who make radar detectors make the radars for the police?
So everytime a new radar detector is made, they make a radar gun for cops that is better and then they turn around and upgrade the radar detector.
stupid pigs
Old 02-09-2006, 05:39 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

stupid pigs
I recent that in a way, but oh well

Old 02-09-2006, 05:41 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Yea the only time I speed is when I am driving on the highway, and I usually only go a couple mph over the speed limit. Of course I do street race from time to time, but that is outside of town on a long pretty much abandoned road...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:42 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

stupid pigs
But when someone breaks into your house and is kicking your A$$, who you gonna call?? Sorry, but those type of comments really burn me. I don't mean to go off topic and rant, but shi*, gimme a break.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:44 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

alright i take it back. But still just because im 17 driving a roush dosent give a cop the right to pick on me. No argument here.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:44 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

stupid pigs
But when someone breaks into your house and is kicking your A$$, who you gonna call?? Sorry, but those type of comments really burn me. I don't mean to go off topic and rant, but shi*, gimme a break.
+1

Everybody hates cops until they really need them. Could you imagine how unsafe driving would be if cops never pulled people over and let everybody get away with whatever they wanted? If you don't want to get a ticket, dont speed. Plain and simple...

Quick Reply: high end radar detection for the illegal speeders