4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

4.6L GT Intake Spacer ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 05:44 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.6L GT Intake Spacer ??

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

I got one, didn't feel anything. Sold it

Don't bother, just get a a/m tb/plenum.
You wouldnt even feel anything other than better throttle response if you got a plenum+throttle body.

It's like the VCF, just because you cant feel it, doesnt mean its not working
Old 02-13-2006, 12:50 AM
frondon
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Get the plenum and 75mm tb and don't waste your $$ on a MAF (mass air) unless you go with a supercharger or turbo. If you want the bling, go with Accufab...if you are only interested in performance, get the C&L plenum and BBk 75mm throttle body.
Thanks!
Old 02-13-2006, 04:10 PM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

I put an intake spacer on, because it cost a whopping $12 delivered and was very nice quality. Does it doe anything? Yep, it supports my O/S intake plenum and TB. In all seriousness, it does provide a small area to straighten airflow and it adds intake volume. The guy threw it in with my TB/intake order for allmost nothing. Would I put one on by itself, nope, isn't worth the effort. CAI, TB/Plenum make an immediate change for easy effort. Cat back exhaust, next best move. Midpipe, better yet.. Headers a little more.
Look at the common mods most folks do, that will give you an idea of what works.
John
Old 02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

I put a 1/2" spacer in last month. Didn't expect to feel a S.O.P. difference. I figured that it would help straighten airflow and give me a little more velocity going into the lower intake. Just don't get the helix type with the stupid swirl.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:41 PM
codyss

Some of you are confusing Plenum spacer with TB Spacer.

I ran a Steeda plenum spacer under a self ported stock plenum and I could tell a difference. Not a whole lot but a little.

The Steeda is the best available, nice machined pice with OE style seal others include a POS paper/fiber gasket.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:22 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

I got one, didn't feel anything. Sold it

Don't bother, just get a a/m tb/plenum.
You wouldnt even feel anything other than better throttle response if you got a plenum+throttle body.

It's like the VCF, just because you cant feel it, doesnt mean its not working
I HAVE a TB/Plenum, and I felt power gains as well as throttle response.

Do you HAVE one? If not, don't post.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:23 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Can this intake spacer be used with an accufab 75mm throttle body and plenum? I'm looking for every horsepower I can get out of bolt-ons.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:16 AM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Im getting everything from the CAI to the plenum,and everything in between, with the addition of the TB spacer as well as the plenum spacer. Im sure that theres some kind of gian with the spacers being used in the whole system....theres gotta be...lol
Old 02-16-2006, 03:46 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 03greyGT

Im getting everything from the CAI to the plenum,and everything in between, with the addition of the TB spacer as well as the plenum spacer. Im sure that theres some kind of gian with the spacers being used in the whole system....theres gotta be...lol
My feeling is since they are very inexpensive, it's not a bad idea.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:53 AM
MTShambles
1st Gear Member

Personally, I havnt seen any real BIG gains from those spacers, but that doesnt mean they're not worth it.

As far as throttle body sizes go, I would go with a 70mm if you plan on staying Naturally Aspirated or are just doing bolt ons. Its not worth it to go to a 75mm, as those are designed for more FI setups.

MAF and Fuel injectors, dont even waste your time. You would need to get a retune to accomidate for the change, and the stock MAF is good up to 400HP before it pegs, a place you're not going to get to with just bolt ons.

Quick Reply: 4.6L GT Intake Spacer ??