4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is NOS for everybody?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

Default Is NOS for everybody?

Ok guys I've got a few questions about NOS. First I wanna know how "safe" it is for your car. I have a 03 GT with only 35K miles. This is my daily driver and I don't want to be replacing my engine before I break it in. Also is it really hard to set up to use? Its not like every race I have is completely planned out and staged. 90% of the time its when someone passes me reving up the engine down the hwy. I can't exactly tell him to pull over and let me open my bottle. Another question is do I use "wet" or "dry"? Whats the difference? Uh....I guess thats it for now. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Lucidus
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Is NOS for everybody?

If you do your reasearch, set things up correctly, and know how to properly use it, then Nitrous is very safe to use. Zex makes a great nitrous kit, check them out.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

I've been looking at the Venom V500. It comes with a 10oz bottle that could be hidden very easily. It also has a computer control module.......what the heck is this? 10oz...how many "shots" is that per bottle? Also how much does it cost to fill a bottle?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:17 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Dont get that hidden kit crap. Who do you really have to hide your n20 from? And almost every n20 makes a kit that includes a bottle warmer, remote bottle opener, purge and a bunch of other crap. I STRONGLY suggest getting it professionally installed unless you really know what you're doin. It wont cost that much to have a professional install it, and it will be quite a bit safer....

Just my $0.02

And dont refer to it as NOS. NOS is a company that makes NITROUS OXIDE. If you call it "NOS" you are gonna sound like a ricer tool that has been the fast and furious one too many times....
Old 02-11-2006, 09:21 PM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

NOS is actually illegal to use unless on a track. But shh, if I ever got pulled over with N20, I would just say that I had it for track use.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:24 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XxphantomsnypzxX

NOS is actually illegal to use unless on a track. But shh, if I ever got pulled over with N20, I would just say that I had it for track use.
It's legal in some places. I'm pretty sure its legal here, but I live in a small hick town. And if you are getting inspected or whatever, you can just take the bottle off...
Old 02-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

NO2 then. Do the kits come with the solenoid? Sorry guys I've never used nitrous before, actually never even thought of it. I've always been told that "bottles are for babies", but the more I think about it the better it seems. How often can you spray?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:28 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Sonicpilz

NO2 then. Do the kits come with the solenoid? Sorry guys I've never used nitrous before, actually never even thought of it. I've always been told that "bottles are for babies", but the more I think about it the better it seems. How often can you spray?
What's NO2?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

I also live in south carolina where we don't have vehicle inspections.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

Ha ha I thought it was the chemical symbol for Nitrous Oxide. Is it not?

Quick Reply: Is NOS for everybody?