4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

RWHP Facts

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:12 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: RWHP Facts

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

ORIGINAL: steeda3

And what does roush have to do with having a good tune? Yes, they are a mustang tuner. It doesn't mean the tuner you had knows how to tune your car the best.
You could be right....But they had my car there for over 2 weeks...Not to mention they've tuned KB's before...The mechanic told me there was something out of place on the inside....And that was how i was getting the Grinding and clacking noise. If you own one and your happy with it...So be it....I wasn't happy with mine..

It did screw up my engine...I had to replace my engine because of it....You should check out what i wrote in the video section about 04orangeGT KB....I said that hours ago my friend...I was really hurt because KB wouldn't refund me my money or give me another blower...After a long fight i with them I eventurally sold my car and the Blower....
Well, it's possible the internals were off and scraping against eachother. In that case it's kenne bell's fault. And a good tuner wouldn't have even tuned your car if he knew there was a problem like that. That can (as you saw) really screw up your engine.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:12 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

It did screw up my engine...I had to replace my engine because of it....You should check out what i wrote in the video section about 04orangeGT KB....I said that hours ago my friend...I was really hurt because KB wouldn't refund me my money or give me another blower...After a long fight with them I eventually sold my car to a young girl out here and the Blower to a fella that had one and needed some extra parts....
Old 02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

That sucks man. If that was me kenne bell would have wished they never met me. If I'm spending that kind of $$ on a s/c it BETTER work.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:20 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

quality customer service right there
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

That sucks man. If that was me kenne bell would have wished they never met me. If I'm spending that kind of $$ on a s/c it BETTER work.

It takes money to sue...and i had spent almost all our money on that blower. My wife wasn't happy at all...I just chalked it up as a loss...Next time I get a GT it will be only bolt on's.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

That sucks man. If that was me kenne bell would have wished they never met me.
You can say that again. If im spending that amount of money on a product and it doesn't work. They should be required by law to replace it. Have they ever heard of defective merchandise?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:26 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

It takes money to sue...and i had spent almost all our money on that blower. My wife wasn't happy at all...I just chalked it up as a loss...Next time I get a GT it will be only bolt on's.
I'm not talking about sueing. I'd just tell the credit card company to cancel the charge and I'll send it back. Then they can deal with it. Plus there is ALOT you can do to screw up a companies business besides sueing.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:31 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

I'm not talking about sueing. I'd just tell the credit card company to cancel the charge and I'll send it back. Then they can deal with it. Plus there is ALOT you can do to screw up a companies business besides sueing.

That's true....But i didn't want to continue to drag my pregnant wife through all this...It was a gift from her to me....I just said screw it....I took the mods of the car and sold it....

What's done is done....Next time i will know better....Like i said it was a bad blower and they blamed it on me....LOL...
Old 02-13-2006, 12:37 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

WOW...Dude it totally depends on your car....Do you have a manual or auto?....I've seen some Vert's dyno slightly higher than coupes...So it's hard to say....My vert bone stock was doing about 228. My brothers 02 GT was doing 225....bone stock...

Once he added a steeda stage three kit he jumped up to around 255 rwhp...he paid around a Grand or something for the kit.

Adding a blower like a KB would put you up around the 360-370 rwhp with a good tune and freer flowing exhaust...But honestly I wouldn't recommend a KB to my worst enemy.

You are WAYYYYYYYYYY off on that one bud. Talk to racer02gtstang. He hit 440+rwhp with his vortech on stock internals. KB running 12-13psi should see 400+.

If you have all the bolt ons + heads, cams, you could see 300+rwhp and easily in the 12's
it also depends on what the car has done to it in supporting mods... like, im a full bolt on GT with the aftercooled blower... someone else that has a stock motor without exhuast and intake work will not put out the same numbers most likely unless they have a truely amazing tuner that can pull that extra power out.... also... since ive got the centrifical blower.... people say i should have traction very easily since im running a vortech but the truth is i dont get sh*t for traction on street tires (315's too). now think of how a kb is gonna do with that since its got even more low end torque. your gonna need D/R's or something to make the car streetable when you hitting like 8lbs of boost at 2k rpms. i dont get up to around 10lbs till about 5800-6000....
Old 02-13-2006, 11:02 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

there's only like what, 200lbs difference? 300? i dunno. so like 2 tenths slower. given the right driver, the vert will run along side or faster than a coupe.
300 pounds is a ****load. Do you know what a difference it would make dropping 300 pounds off a car?? Would feel like a gear change.