4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

RWHP Facts

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:36 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RWHP Facts

Hey guys,

I know you get this a lot, but Im just curious on 2 different senarios for my 2000 GT Convertible:
I want to know the numbers both at RWHP and Crank at the MAX numbers.

1. Numbers on my car stock.

2. Numbers on my car with A LOT of bolt-ons, etc. (If it was completely N/A)

3. Numbers on the car with all bolt-ons + Power adders (ie. Max power of a GT Vert)

Thanks,

Mike
Old 02-12-2006, 03:42 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: RWHP Facts

WOW...Dude it totally depends on your car....Do you have a manual or auto?....I've seen some Vert's dyno slightly higher than coupes...So it's hard to say....My vert bone stock was doing about 228. My brothers 02 GT was doing 225....bone stock...

Once he added a steeda stage three kit he jumped up to around 255 rwhp...he paid around a Grand or something for the kit.

Adding a blower like a KB would put you up around the 360-370 rwhp with a good tune and freer flowing exhaust...But honestly I wouldn't recommend a KB to my worst enemy.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:50 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Its a 5-speed manual 2000 GT Vert, with 2' lowering springs, body kit and thats it.

I will be adding a FULL exhaust in 2 weeks... But I was just curious to see IF I decided to mod out the engine of a Convertible, would it be worth it?

So I was just curious what my numbers would be both N/A, and then with power adders.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Dave2000GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steeda3

WOW...Dude it totally depends on your car....Do you have a manual or auto?....I've seen some Vert's dyno slightly higher than coupes...So it's hard to say....My vert bone stock was doing about 228. My brothers 02 GT was doing 225....bone stock...

Once he added a steeda stage three kit he jumped up to around 255 rwhp...he paid around a Grand or something for the kit.

Adding a blower like a KB would put you up around the 360-370 rwhp with a good tune and freer flowing exhaust...But honestly I wouldn't recommend a KB to my worst enemy.

Why ?
Old 02-12-2006, 03:53 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

Its a 5-speed manual 2000 GT Vert, with 2' lowering springs, body kit and thats it.

I will be adding a FULL exhaust in 2 weeks... But I was just curious to see IF I decided to mod out the engine of a Convertible, would it be worth it?

So I was just curious what my numbers would be both N/A, and then with power adders.
Man just go full bolts on's.....I would save that money and do other things to my car....With some good bolt ons....You can easily get that vert into the 12's.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:00 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dave2000GT

Why ?
The one i bought from them made no where near the advertised numbers of 360 rwhp....Not to mention it was making this funny knocking sound...I couldn't even hear the supercharge wine once i got on it and it made my car overheat bad, so bad in fact i had to buy another used motor....

I reported the problem to KB and they refused to take it back and give me another one....After about 4 months of calling one person told me to suck it up and deal with it.....I would never buy anything from those fellas. This problem started from the very first day it was bolted on....After about a week of my mechanic dealing with it....He gave up and told me to contact KB and tell them i wanted my money back....I was pissed
Old 02-12-2006, 04:15 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

Man just go full bolts on's.....I would save that money and do other things to my car....With some good bolt ons....You can easily get that vert into the 12's.

with a vert??? your gonna need more than full bolt on to get a vert into the twelves,
ie p51 intake, reworked heads, cams, and probably a built bottom end. verts are heavy and a coupe with bolt ons , cams , gears, and suspension work is a high 12 car

quick fix for the vert would be full bolt ons and giggle gas
Old 02-12-2006, 04:22 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tripsevn7

with a vert??? your gonna need more than full bolt on to get a vert into the twelves,
ie p51 intake, reworked heads, cams, and probably a built bottom end. verts are heavy and a coupe with bolt ons , cams , gears, and suspension work is a high 12 car

quick fix for the vert would be full bolt ons and giggle gas

The difference in weight is only about 125-150 pounds.....Nothing a good set of gears can't cure...
Old 02-12-2006, 05:14 PM
axs377
2nd Gear Member

The difference in weight is only about 125-150 pounds.....Nothing a good set of gears can't cure...
kick out your passenger and you could lose more than that Really there is not significant difference performance wise between a coupe and vert. Same engine, etc. Whatever power gains you get from a coupe, you'll get from the vert.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:42 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

You are WAYYYYYYYYYY off on that one bud. Talk to racer02gtstang. He hit 440+rwhp with his vortech on stock internals. KB running 12-13psi should see 400+.

If you have all the bolt ons + heads, cams, you could see 300+rwhp and easily in the 12's

Quick Reply: RWHP Facts