4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ok need advice, what should I do next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 04:32 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Default Ok need advice, what should I do next?

Ok guys, I have been in battle with RPM outlet for 2 months over my throttle body. finally they came through for me. I have a proffesional Products plenum that I ported even further, I also ordered a 75mm throttle body. To make along story short I ended up getting an acufab T-body for a low cost to compesate my wait. I didnt have a clue what a difference it would make. heres what I had.
Mac ceramic long tube headers
Dr. gas O/R X pipe
Full mandrel exhaust
Professional products plenum
MIL's
MGD short thrower(my fav.)
and stock t-body
and K&N with the silencer romoved
oh and 1 blue spark plug wire(my second fav.) dont ask

Then yesterday I got my 75mm peice and bolted her on. At first I drove it a round a bit to kida let the computer do its thing if it needed to then I steped on it.
HOLY SHIZIL!
1st and second gear are now worthless. 1st gear is for aiming and second gear is to get the spinning to come to a more controlable roll and third is to finaly do what its supposed to.........GO forward.

Man after 1st gear gets the rear end all wishy washy you have to make shure your not pointed towards a ditch or something. Anyway. I think I need gears.

My question is should I do cams and gears next, or a PI intake swap, or pullies? I will only be able to do 1 of the three do to my time frame for getting the jobe done. Also I am weighing the cost of 500$ for the tuning of the intake or cams in addition to the parts themselves.

Also Wich cold air intake should I get? A JLT or A MAC? I need one to help fit the T-body better, its massive, also I just want it to look nicer than that black plastic anaconda thingy ford put in there. But I just want the one that will make more power.

I wasnt planning on tackleing the suspension until I get closer to a power level that I feal will get me closer to my goal.
I hope you guys can give me some opinions. Im going to best buy now to try and get me a digi cam so I can get some pics of my girl on here. Thanks I hope yall can help.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:52 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Ok need advice, what should I do next?

If u want gains, your gonna need to get rid of that NPI crap. The obvious thing to so would be to do the whole PI swap at once. Intake, heads, and aftermarket cams. Try to save up a little bit and do all that at once. It would suck to get new heads and intake, just to pay to have them taken off later to put in cams. Id say do 4.10's, UDP's, and CAI.

Stay away from MAC.

BTW, ive actuall heard that ported and polished NPI heads will flow better than PI's. Just wait a bit and get some comp or VT cams a used PI intake and get your NPI heads P&P'd. that will be your best bet. You should be 300rwhp.

Oh yeah and get some headers!
Old 02-12-2006, 06:07 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Buy some used PI heads and get them ported and polished.. Much better flowing then p&p npi heads.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:19 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

p&p npi heads flow better than p&p pi heads on intake but not exhaust. search MM&FF's website for something called Modular mix and match. good info there.

but i would do that. get steen to p&p your nonpi heads and get a vt stage 2 cam with a proffesional products or bullit p&p intake
Old 02-12-2006, 06:49 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

ok I left out a bit of info, the reason Im going to use the pi intake swap is because at some point I am going to use the FRP heads and that way I can use pi intake adapters and use the comp XE274H cams. I also plan to rebuild and super charge. I dont have time now for a head swap. So I was thinking the intake, as much as the inlet and plenum helped I can tell its starving for air. Maybe thats what I will do. Any thoughts on the CAI I want one not just for more air but for looks as well.