MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   flowmaster mufflers (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/96032-flowmaster-mufflers.html)

stangman2354 02-14-2006 12:37 AM

flowmaster mufflers

Went to today for my mechanic to put my car 99 GT on the lift to put my slp lm2s on and when he put it up he noticed I had some flowmasters mufflers. So i'm still putting on the lm2s but how much louder and deeper will it sound then before. And also how much do you think I could sell my flows for? I'm not sure exactly what kind they are but I will post what kind they are as soon as I get my car.

monkeydude3 02-14-2006 12:43 AM

RE: flowmaster mufflers

what do you have againts flows? And how did you not know they were on there? They sound so sexy! LOL

I have a 97 GT with just flowmaster mufflers, they would sound so nice with more sound coming to them. I like the deep mellow rumble they let out. (even tho there is a vast HP difference between your car and mine, they sound about the same)

I'm not sure about the lm2s, but I hear they are a bit more aggressive. Were your old flows welded in or clamped in? I figure if you have them in good condition you can fetch around $100 for the pair used. I'm gonna buy a set of flows from my buddy for $100 for our 69 impala! (he's takin them off his 72 nova for larger diameter flows)

George

stangman2354 02-14-2006 12:46 AM

They were welded in but my car only has 35000 miles. So how much do you think I could get for them about 80?

monkeydude3 02-14-2006 12:55 AM

yeah that'd be fair. Just be sure you either cut (sawsall) or torch them out very neatly. The cleaner the cuts, the more you can get for them.

stangman2354 02-14-2006 12:57 AM

Does anyone know how much deeper and louder it will be with slp lm2s then the flowmasters?

MustangMafia 02-14-2006 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: stangman2354

Does anyone know how much deeper and louder it will be with slp lm2s then the flowmasters?
Flowmasters arent that much louder than stock (depending on which ones). And they usually sound like ass at WOT. It will probably be a different kind of deep so to speak...

rbstang 02-14-2006 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: stangman2354

Went to today for my mechanic to put my car 99 GT on the lift to put my slp lm2s on and when he put it up he noticed I had some flowmasters mufflers. So i'm still putting on the lm2s but how much louder and deeper will it sound then before. And also how much do you think I could sell my flows for? I'm not sure exactly what kind they are but I will post what kind they are as soon as I get my car.
good choice im going to be doing same in near future

SOHCtimes2 02-14-2006 01:46 AM

People should really put "In my opinion" before or after saying Flowmasters sound like ass at WOT, because I have the flowmaster american thunder catback on my car and "in my opinion" it sounds amazingly beautiful at WOT and at low rpms aswell. I just allaround love the sound of them, cant wait to get an H pipe on there and make em louder. :D

MustangMafia 02-14-2006 02:15 AM

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

People should really put "In my opinion" before or after saying Flowmasters sound like ass at WOT, because I have the flowmaster american thunder catback on my car and "in my opinion" it sounds amazingly beautiful at WOT and at low rpms aswell. I just allaround love the sound of them, cant wait to get an H pipe on there and make em louder. :D

I had flowmaster 40s on my 98 GT when I had it, and was definitely not happy with them. Unfortunately, I didnt know there were other good mufflers out there at the time and just got whatever my local muffler shops carried. They werent that much louder than stock, but still had annoying drone inside the car at highway speeds. On top of that, they got quiter the closer I got to WOT. I would never go with flowmasters again, but thats not really what this post is about...

WAG03GT 02-14-2006 02:22 AM

I love my flowmasters !!!!!! :D