MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Another dumb SCT question. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/96379-another-dumb-sct-question.html)

MustangMafia 02-15-2006 07:29 AM

Another dumb SCT question.

I was looking at the SCT Tuner at Mustangtuning and it said that it came with one tune, and the additional were 25 dollars each. Does that mean that they "make" one performance tune for me, and I have to pay more if I want an additional tune pre-loaded onto my tuner? Or does that mean that I have to pay more for the ability to have 3 tunes on my tuner at one time? So basically, can the tuner hold 3 tunes at a time regardless of how many tunes the company makes for you? I just want to be able to have a normal performance tune with premium, an 87 octane tune, and a performance tune for when I get n20.

orang04gt 02-15-2006 09:50 AM

RE: Another dumb SCT question.

It means you have to pay to have it preloaded. and you can add to it later up to 3 tunes.

MustangMafia 02-15-2006 09:52 AM

So it comes with 3 tuning banks no matter what? And I will just have to tweak them myself if I dont pay to have them make me tunes for those banks?

xx9gt6xx 02-15-2006 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

So it comes with 3 tuning banks no matter what? And I will just have to tweak them myself if I dont pay to have them make me tunes for those banks?
Yup 3 banks. I've looked into SCT stuff myself. I've found out that the X-CAL 1 is just as powerful as the X-CAL 2, but the 1 doesn't have the hand held programmer for tweaks, you have to plug it into your computer and tweak it w/ a software on your PC. That's the route I'm taking. I won't even be tweaking it that often. $300 shipped to my house for a good SCT tune puts a smile on my face :D Mine will be ordered next week!

blackbetty01 02-15-2006 06:11 PM

Not trying to hijack the thread, but does the predator hold three tunes as well?

code3GT 02-15-2006 06:15 PM

If you are gonna get an SCT X-calibrator II, I would go with Ken from MD Motorsports or Tim from MPH.

Dark_Horse 02-16-2006 01:07 AM

really? mine SCT was $332 and it came with 3 tunes. one for the 5.4 to run on 87 gas. one for N2O and the other for some cams. and if i want any other tunes its...FREE for ever

MTShambles 02-16-2006 04:44 AM

Our SCT X-Cal, X-Cal2, and Chip all use the same programming files (Advantage 3 Programming Files). Only differences are how they are applied on the car and their adjustability. X-Cal and X-Cal2 are eaiser to make adjustments on, whereas the chip has to be pulled out, sent to an SCT dealer, and reprogrammed.

Now as far as the tune question...

$379.99 = Tuner + One Tune. Each addl tune is an extra $25, however, if you use the 5% off discount code you get around $25 off, which is basically a free tune. The X-Cal2, either way, can hold 3 total tunes + your stock tune from your ECU. If you get it from us you will still have 2 tuning banks open.

Rule of thumb though: If you want more HP, use a higher octane fuel. 93 Octane lets us bump up your timing. Higher timing = better HP and Torque gains. You wont see as much from just 87 Octane. If you have an auto the shift points will be firmed up and it will seem like you are going faster, when in reality your just shifting a bit harder and at different points.

MustangMafia 02-16-2006 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Dark_Horse

really? mine SCT was $332 and it came with 3 tunes. one for the 5.4 to run on 87 gas. one for N2O and the other for some cams. and if i want any other tunes its...FREE for ever
Whered u get yours?

MustangMafia 02-16-2006 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: MTShambles

Our SCT X-Cal, X-Cal2, and Chip all use the same programming files (Advantage 3 Programming Files). Only differences are how they are applied on the car and their adjustability. X-Cal and X-Cal2 are eaiser to make adjustments on, whereas the chip has to be pulled out, sent to an SCT dealer, and reprogrammed.

Now as far as the tune question...

$379.99 = Tuner + One Tune. Each addl tune is an extra $25, however, if you use the 5% off discount code you get around $25 off, which is basically a free tune. The X-Cal2, either way, can hold 3 total tunes + your stock tune from your ECU. If you get it from us you will still have 2 tuning banks open.

Rule of thumb though: If you want more HP, use a higher octane fuel. 93 Octane lets us bump up your timing. Higher timing = better HP and Torque gains. You wont see as much from just 87 Octane. If you have an auto the shift points will be firmed up and it will seem like you are going faster, when in reality your just shifting a bit harder and at different points.
So I can tweak every tune that comes on it? The un-programmed banks are basically blank and I tweak them myself? I was going to have you guys make me a 93 octane performance tune, and then I would have on myself to run 87 and still turn off my O2 sensor and calibrate my speedo for gears. Can I do that?